2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

I've taken his message to mean no more live dates/tours in 2010, but that is my own personal interpretation. What he gave us today, in terms of his sentiment, thoughts, and love is more than I could ever have asked for from my idol. At least if we don't see him for another year or so, those words will keep me going. Those kind, loving words directed at us, his fans. :love:

Last edited:

I've taken his message to mean no more live dates/tours in 2010, but that is my own personal interpretation. What he gave us today, in terms of his sentiment, thoughts, and love is more than I could ever have asked for from my idol. At least if we don't see him for another year or so, those words will keep me going. Those kind, loving words directed at us, his fans. :love:

:thumb::)

the last tour was terrible... he just needs to rest up in 2010 and come back with a new album and tour in 2011.

the last tour was terrible... he just needs to rest up in 2010 and come back with a new album and tour in 2011.

I saw a bunch of shows this year and had quite a good time. It helps if you like his songs from the past 5 years.

I've taken his message to mean no more live dates/tours in 2010, but that is my own personal interpretation. What he gave us today, in terms of his sentiment, thoughts, and love is more than I could ever have asked for from my idol. :love:

I really can't see him planning on taking a year off. His message suggests to me that he wants to increase his popularity, and time off isn't the way to do that. Really, he just keeps writing and recording new songs whenever he feels like it (even in the middle of touring), and that doesn't require a break or rest or anything.

I'm 16 years old. I haven't lived a quarter of my existence, but if Morrissey came to Atlanta this year, it would make my life, no doubt.

Give him a break, people. I hope he won't have any live dates in 2010, for his own sake.

way to shit all over our concert experiences!

Whether he does a new album and tour in 2010 or does it in 2011 there will still be cancellations and songs that people don't like and there wil still be people like you pissing 'n moaning about it.

I really can't see him planning on taking a year off. His message suggests to me that he wants to increase his popularity, and time off isn't the way to do that. Really, he just keeps writing and recording new songs whenever he feels like it (even in the middle of touring), and that doesn't require a break or rest or anything.

arguably, time off is exactly the way to do that.
Who Ate Me Curry was a massive commercial success, as was the accompanying tour, mainly because he'd been away for so long that his comeback attracted ludicrous amounts of hype. although I personally don't like the album at all (apart from two songs and some b-sides on the singles), even the consensus among fans is that it's only a middling solo album (4th best after Vauxhall, Viva, and Arsenal), and received the lowest amount of critical acclaim of all his post-comeback albums (on Metacritic), so its commercial achievements are all the more startling.
a long rest (i.e. at least three years) could once again rejuvenate his fortunes.
however, I would like him to do something next year e.g. some festival dates and a one-off single (with new b-sides) but launching into another proper album/tour would be a mistake...

arguably, time off is exactly the way to do that.
Who Ate Me Curry was a massive commercial success, as was the accompanying tour, mainly because he'd been away for so long that his comeback attracted ludicrous amounts of hype. although I personally don't like the album at all (apart from two songs and some b-sides on the singles), even the consensus among fans is that it's only a middling solo album (4th best after Vauxhall, Viva, and Arsenal), and received the lowest amount of critical acclaim of all his post-comeback albums (on Metacritic), so its commercial achievements are all the more startling.
a long rest (i.e. at least three years) could once again rejuvenate his fortunes.
however, I would like him to do something next year e.g. some festival dates and a one-off single (with new b-sides) but launching into another proper album/tour would be a mistake...

and it's a mistake I'd welcome with open arms. You could always ignore Mozzer's output for the next 3 years and buy the album that comes out after that :D

i don't know, i kinda feel like we've all gotten a bit spoiled the last few years, with so much going on in moz-land. constantly new recordings, new tours, new recordings, new tours... maybe we all need some time off, to miss the man a bit. as much as i'm having moz-withdrawals, and would love to see him again a.s.a.p., i'm kind of hoping for 2010 off, and something new in 2011.

i don't know, i kinda feel like we've all gotten a bit spoiled the last few years, with so much going on in moz-land. constantly new recordings, new tours, new recordings, new tours... maybe we all need some time off, to miss the man a bit. as much as i'm having moz-withdrawals, and would love to see him again a.s.a.p., i'm kind of hoping for 2010 off, and something new in 2011.

Well he has said he's only going to continue for another 5 years or so so be careful what you guys are wishing for :confused:

I dont think Moz will tour this year, maybe a Nov/Dec tour of the U.K, but i expect his autobiogrophy to appear this year, which will be excellent

Well he has said he's only going to continue for another 5 years or so so be careful what you guys are wishing for :confused:

yeah, but then again he also says he doesn't plan ahead. either way, even if i just see moz one more time, i would rather it be after he has rested a bit and built some momentum.

yeah, but then again he also says he doesn't plan ahead. either way, even if i just see moz one more time, i would rather it be after he has rested a bit and built some momentum.

I know he says that too but that isn't exactly planning ahead but more like coming to terms with a pop star's own mortality. I mean is he really going to be swinging the mic cable at 56?

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom