When will Morrissey and Marr reunite?

When do you think Moz and Marr will be seen on stage together again?

• Total voters

Thewlis

Very Senior Member
The rumours have always been there, but they seem to have become a little ore persistent this year. So when, if ever, do you think Moz and Marr will be seen on a stage together again?

I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately..:blushing: I chose "After 2012." Though, journalists -- heed my word! Get Moz and Marr together for an interview/photoshoot! Must see them together again :D

I believe they will be seen in the same camera frame again.

So 50% of us think they will get together again, at some point.

That's interesting, I'm sure a couple of years ago that percentage would be close to 0...

i think 2012, nothing from moz this year as he deserves a break, 2011 he will tour and may release a few non album singles, but 2012 in my opinion will see him reunite with Marr for a tour and festval appearances, not under the smiths banner though.

if they ever do reform i will not be happy. The joy of The Smiths is the fact that to be they'll always have an untouched sanctity about them making it almost religious. Personally, it'd be like haning out with Jesus and that's always gonna be a let down. So I hope it never ever happens.

Only in my dreams.
Or theirs.

Never. People need to get over this! It's never happening. I'm glad it won't happen. I would hate to see both of them together

if they ever do reform i will not be happy. The joy of The Smiths is the fact that to be they'll always have an untouched sanctity about them making it almost religious. Personally, it'd be like haning out with Jesus and that's always gonna be a let down. So I hope it never ever happens.

so true. I agree with you

i could see them reuniting at a charity event in the UK or somewhere like coachella.... it's obvious that a smiths reunion is never going to happen but i'm sure marr and moz still speak to each other behind the scenes.. i wouldn't rule it out... i could also see marr coming on stage during a morrissey concert performing a smiths encore.

I don't think they realize how huge they would become if they reunited.

I think they do, and that's the problem (and always was!)

I've read somewhere that Johnny said he didn't want The Smiths to become the next big stadium band back in the day. I can't see his mind changing now.

I think we can all agree that the Smiths are one of the most underrated artists of all time. If they reunite it will be virtually impossible for them to not become mainstream. They will finally received that legendary cultural status that they have deserved and been working for since 1986.

In any case, there's a much, much greater chance that these two will reunite (to make or at least play music) than having all four of The Smiths in the same room. I truly believe The Smiths is 0% so Morrissey-Marr is probably between 5-10%

As I've said before, I think it'd be great if Marr emailed Moz some demoes and left it at that. Does that count as reuniting?

In any case, there's a much, much greater chance that these two will reunite (to make or at least play music) than having all four of The Smiths in the same room. I truly believe The Smiths is 0% so Morrissey-Marr is probably between 5-10%

As I've said before, I think it'd be great if Marr emailed Moz some demoes and left it at that. Does that count as reuniting?

If you saw a song with the credits as "Morrissey/Marr," would you do anything other that scream, "The Smiths are back together?"

Back
Top Bottom