Swords tour intro video clips

Re: Swords intro clips

Many thanks to Sphinx and her BF who gave me details of intro clips:

Sphinx said:
Some guy rings a bell and says school is in session (havnt worked out who he is yet)

My Boy Lollipop which is Millie and its really grainy

This Town Aint Big Enough - Sparks and thats not great quality either

Mighty Joe - Shocking Blue

Simon Smith and The Amazing Dancing Bear - Alan Price Set

I'm not saying (this is poor too) - Nico

You Will Never Walk Alone - Shirley Bassey

Lou Reed interview

Young girl singing in spanish or portugese black and white clip we havnt a clue and are searching
many thanks to Crimes, Cuore - Rita Pavone *it was disappeared after RAH gig.

I thinks its James Baldwin - but my BF is arguing with me we are searching for the clip - its someone like him and the timeframe is right

School bell guy again

Looking for a Kiss - NYD

Such a Good Looking Woman - Joe Dolan

Lypsinka

Hopefully some people could help us to identify some clips. :)

*EDIT*
Intermission music:

Madame Butterfly sung by Maria Callas?
Klaus Nomi
Velvet Underground
?
The song played at Brixton in July (Italian or Spanish male singer in 60s / 70s)
Nick Cave reading one of his novels?
Sparks

Intro - You Were Good In Your Time
Outro - My Way by Frank Sinatra

Last edited:
Re: Swords intro video clips

The "My Boy Lollipop" is by Millie Small, and it's a performance from Finnish TV in the mid 60's. The Nico clip, "I'm Not Saying" was her first video I think, and it's actually a Gordon Lightfooot song, and it's Jimmy Page playing guitar on the track. Every clip I've seen of this video is not very good quality, but it's still really great.

From being at Albert Hall last night the above list(s) are correct, though the final clip played last night was a short piece of Lypsinka lip-synching to an old movie soundtrack clip (Joan Crawford or somebody??) which ends suddenly and then Morrissey comes on.

The Pavone song, Cuore, as somebody else might have said, is the Italian original of Heart, Morrissey's favourite Pavone record.

The Nico song, I'm Not Sayin', was her first single when Andrew Loog Oldham signed her in the UK in the mid '60s before she moved to New York and joined the Velvet Underground.

The Lou Reed clip is very funny too.

Is there anywhere I can watch that Lou Reed interview again? I really enjoyed it

I thought that Joe Dolan was Terry Venables doing a bad Tom Jones impression :lbf:

What a dancer :thumb:

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

I've serached on Youtube the LYPSINKA vid but couldn't find it. anyone?
thanx!

I only saw it once, not 100% sure, but James Baldwin interview is taken from this footages?

[youtube]Rt-WgwFEUNQ&feature=PlayList&p=BF610A8BFFB78036&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14 [/youtube]

Bump

Also you can find some info regarding 2009 Tour from 2009 Tour FAQ & Directory on top of Tour forum.

On the subject of intermission music the first Velvet Underground track is Sister Ray and later on another track from White Light/White Heat was played in Sheffield, namely The Gift. This is the spoken word piece in one set of speakers and VU music in the other set.

Back
Top Bottom