Oakland Paramount Theatre - Dec. 2, 2009

crosask

So just released, tickets for the Oakland Paramount Theatre - Dec. 2, 2009 go on sale this Saturday Oct. 17 at 12pm PDT. Visiting the the Northwest US from Canada. What is the Paramount Theatre like? What is downtown Oakland like? Safe?

Last edited:
So just released, tickets for the Oakland Paramount Theatre - Dec. 2, 2009 go on sale this Saturday Oct. 18 at 12pm PDT. Visiting the the Northwest US from Canada. What is the Paramount Theatre like? What is downtown Oakland like? Safe?

I think this is a really cool venue and should be fun. The area where the Paramount Theater is isn't as bad as other areas in Oakland. Plus, there will be lots of people around and there is safety in numbers.
Thanks for the heads up about when the tickets will go on sale; I didn't know about that and have been trying to find out.

I only saw it go up today. The Pomona/SD thread didn't say much except that nobody knew what was going on. Now we do.

It's a long way down from north of North Dakota, so I'll probably pick up some travel insurance to be safe in case the show gets cancelled.

Just out of curiosity, the show calls for an 8pm start. How many opening bands? By what time would Morrissey have to wrap things up? I see the last BART train leaves at 12:49am heading back into SF.

Last edited:
Ticketmaster just listed a presale. Does anyone know the password or how to preorder to get the password? I just checked the online store. No listing for Swords.

I already bought my copy of Swords from the UK no password though... presale password would be good to know. Anyone willing to share?

I too would like to know the Oakland presale password.

However, I am suspicious that it will be a case where you just pre-order the cd Swords right at 10AM on Friday to get a presale ticket.

Has anyone ever gotten a good seat from a presale? I saw Morrissey at the Paramount in Oakland back in 2006, and I had a presale ticket to the show he cancelled earlier this year, and neither were great seats...

The online ticket brokers are already offering seats in Orchestra Row AA, of course, for high prices. It's annoying that TicketBastard gives them these seats while us the public get random crappy seats from TicketBastard.

Yes, I just got an email reminder that the pre-sale starts 16 Oct, but no code was given. Could anyone enlighten us? That would be super!

how do you pre-order swords to get the password. i have tried but cannot find out how. the password for the LA shows was posted in another forum. i wonder if that will work

btw Live Nation as well as Ticketmaster are advertising the ticket sales. So.. which is it? :confused:

Ok so then I guess you could go through either site?

Has anyone been to this theatre before? Is it worth it to pay the extra and go for the Orchestra seats? Last time I got balcony and the show got canceled. I'm wondering if its worth it to pay extra for the lower level.

I've seen several shows at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, CA. The accoustics sound fantastic and there is good viewing from even the upper rows of the balcony. I have never run into trouble in this part of Oakland especially when there is a show crowd present. Parking is reasonably available in the area.

Having missed Morrissey earlier this year with the festival in SoCal, I am thankful to have his tour back in my area! My wife and I are fans of the new and older material so we could not be more pleased with the reported set lists from this tour.

Here's to good health and good company!

Cheers!

Ok so then I guess you could go through either site?

Has anyone been to this theatre before? Is it worth it to pay the extra and go for the Orchestra seats? Last time I got balcony and the show got canceled. I'm wondering if its worth it to pay extra for the lower level.

go for the lower level
i had seats in row m i bought the day tickets went on sale and 3 days before the show i bought row e so ticketmaster releases seats randomly.
try for the front before the double row seats, anything from aa back is not as good. i sat in row mm in 2006 and was disappointed

Back
Top Bottom