Guitar legend Les Paul dies at age 94

The Seeker of Good Songs

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Les Paul, the guitarist and inventor who changed the course of music with the electric guitar and multitrack recording and had a string of hits, many with wife Mary Ford, died on Thursday. He was 94.
According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died of complications from pneumonia at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.
As an inventor, Paul helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll and multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the "tracks" in the finished recording.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBD78k8tewQ7FPeiKtJbK8QPmtzAD9A23LL00

:(
I have a Les Paul 100. Fabulous guitar. I also wouldn't be able to be a recording musician without multitracking.
Not a lot of artists would be..
Hell, if multitracking didn't exist, none of us would be here on this board because there wouldn't have been the Smiths or Morrissey.

:tears: :guitar:

What a legend, Rip :(.

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Les Paul, the guitarist and inventor who changed the course of music with the electric guitar and multitrack recording and had a string of hits, many with wife Mary Ford, died on Thursday. He was 94.
According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died of complications from pneumonia at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.
As an inventor, Paul helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll and multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the "tracks" in the finished recording.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBD78k8tewQ7FPeiKtJbK8QPmtzAD9A23LL00

Sad to hear that news but what a legend he was.:thumb:

My hubby has a Les Paul Firebrand Delux,with mahogany body and neck, c1980, worn away in all the right places, from Gibsons Nashville factory that he loves. He has had lots of offers (ooer missus) over the years to sell but he loves the sound of it soo much. After 25+ years it has been the most dependable of all his guitars.:guitar:
RIP Les Paul xx

true legend. i was lucky enough to see him play on a visit to new york once. rip.

Back
Top Bottom