For Christ's sake, Quantick - it's an obituary

Really pathetic

Quantick is a small fly who never stops annoying Morrissey whenever he finds opportunities.

We'd better move on.

Leave alone he's quite happy getting even more lardy whilst appearing on 'Come Dine with Me'.

Real high brow stuff :lbf:

sue!...sue!...sue! ;)

Loathed Wells and Quantick back in the day (despite DQ's 8/10 for 'Kill Uncle' ~ probably did it as a joke. :rolleyes:)
Mind you I did laugh at the bit about B&S. Spot on. How anyone can compare them to Smiths/Moz baffles me batty.
Quantick, meanwhile, continues kicking against the pricks whilst doing voiceover duties on channel 4 reality tv daytimeopium 'Coach Trip': Tosser.

Last edited:
Yeah, how dare anyone annoy Morrissey:rolleyes:
It would be a pretty boring world if everyone agreed on everything and journalists said all our favourite bands were great.
Remember, a bad review is a review. There are thousands of artists who would love a bad review in the NME or wherever - just to be in there is the point.
I think Morrissey is big enough to fight his own corner without 'fans' bearing grudges on his behalf 20 years after the event.
Personally I feel there are more pressing issues to get wound up about than a music hack giving your favourite artist a bad review.

Jukebox Jury

It would be a pretty boring world if everyone agreed on everything and journalists said all our favourite bands were great.
Remember, a bad review is a review. There are thousands of artists who would love a bad review in the NME or wherever - just to be in there is the point.
I think Morrissey is big enough to fight his own corner without 'fans' bearing grudges on his behalf 20 years after the event.
Personally I feel there are more pressing issues to get wound up about than a music hack giving your favourite artist a bad review.

Jukebox Jury

I just found it sad he felt he had to mention the "awful Morrissey" in the middle of an obituary for a friend.

Peter

I like to think he meant that Morrissey is full of awe.

I just found it sad he felt he had to mention the "awful Morrissey" in the middle of an obituary for a friend.

Peter

Peter
Yes, apologies, I was refering to comments made on the other thread about Swells, rather than Quantick's comments.
But then, he probably feels Swells will be laughing to himself wherever he is, in that he has got one final rise out of Morrissey fans.....

Jukebox Jury

Jukebox Jury

I always bear a grudge, some people are just like that but I do agree that they (thicko journos) are unimportant, it's a shame they can't see that themselves, I guess it power mixed with the cocaine they take and the control they believe they have over the artists.

Digging up an old Quantick thread because he doesn't mert the birth of a new one...

But I just put on 6 Music and he is on, apparently he has his own show. I didn't know he was a dj. Anyway after one song he started a text debate on who is better, Morrissey or Marr. Guess which answer got the most comments from Quantick?

Is he basing his whole career on his dislike of Moz? It's really pathetic.

Better at what? They're not comparable as they don't do the same job. Morrissey is better at suing Quantick though.

Digging up an old Quantick thread because he doesn't mert the birth of a new one...

But I just put on 6 Music and he is on, apparently he has his own show. I didn't know he was a dj. Anyway after one song he started a text debate on who is better, Morrissey or Marr. Guess which answer got the most comments from Quantick?

Is he basing his whole career on his dislike of Moz? It's really pathetic.
I walked into a room at work and heard the end of his show today - did he say something like "we could compare Morrissey and Hitler next week but Hitlers not a musician"???!!!
I missed the rest because I was shouting expletives:o
I love someone with an opinion but I am honestly fed up hearing him talk about his hatred of Morrissey, is there no other worthwhile target?
At least Steven Wells was a great journalist...

Back
Top Bottom