Now My Heart Is Full

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
I completely love this song. Just then I suddenly had a craving for it (do you guys get that? :D) and its beauty struck me immediately, so much so at 'tell all of my friends...' It was exactly what I wanted to hear. Anyone else feeling this song right now?

I'm pretty much always feeling that song. It has to be hands down one of the best things he's ever recorded. It's so soulful and haunting and almost too beautiful. And yes, the "tell all of my friends" bit when the music really swells and crashes in with its full instrumentation is really sublime.

It is a truly gorgeous song!

One of the greatest openings Morrissey has ever written
There's gonna be some trouble
a whole house will need re-building
and everyone I love in the house
will recline on an analyst's couch quite
soon
your Father cracks a joke
and in the usual way
empties the room
tell all of my friends....!

I love it, and always want to listen to it. I love the internal rhyme of "love in the house will recline" and then the meter of "analyst's couch quite" its marvelous.

This song also really makes me have to listen to "Late Night, Maudlin Street" for some reason...they feel like part of the same story to me.

fantastic song that i would love to see live someday.

I first heard it on a Virgin listening booth a week before it was released. I only allowed myself to listen to one song so as to avoid the anti-climax of having the LP. I was absolutely stunned by it. It's my favourite song of his. Alas live it has never quite captured the recorded majesty. Plus his live vocal on it has been pitchy at times.

I first heard it on a Virgin listening booth a week before it was released. I only allowed myself to listen to one song so as to avoid the anti-climax of having the LP. I was absolutely stunned by it. It's my favourite song of his. Alas live it has never quite captured the recorded majesty. Plus his live vocal on it has been pitchy at times.
i disagree...i love how the song sounds live...

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorites, I am listening to it right now.
one of his bests

my favourite song of his. the video from the chilie is the best i've heard (so far). hope he brings it out again at some point

Back
Top Bottom