The Cure - 4:13 Dream (SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE October 21, 2008)

The Seeker of Good Songs

[FONT=Georgia, Times]SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE October 21, 2008

[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times](13 Tracks/SHM-CD/Limited Edition/2008 Japanese Release)[/FONT]

The 13th studio longplayer from the legendary Goth rockers, includes the singles 'The Only One', 'Freakshow' and 'Sleep When I'm Dead' and 'The Perfect Boy.'

The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head.

SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players.

1. [*]Underneath the Stars
    [*]The Only One
    [*]A Boy I Never Knew
    [*]Freakshow
    [*]Lusting Here in Your Mind
    [*]The Hungry Ghost
    [*]The Perfect Boy
    [*]Christmas Without You
    [*]Please Come Home
    [*]Spot Marks the X
    [*]16
    [*]Sleep When I'm Dead
    [*]Baby Rag Dog Book

*Tracklist TBC*
http://idealcopy.american-data.net//Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4988005527851

[FONT=Georgia, Times]SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE October 21, 2008

[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times](13 Tracks/SHM-CD/Limited Edition/2008 Japanese Release)[/FONT]

The 13th studio longplayer from the legendary Goth rockers, includes the singles 'The Only One', 'Freakshow' and 'Sleep When I'm Dead' and 'The Perfect Boy.'

The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head.

SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players.

1. [*]Underneath the Stars
    [*]The Only One
    [*]A Boy I Never Knew
    [*]Freakshow
    [*]Lusting Here in Your Mind
    [*]The Hungry Ghost
    [*]The Perfect Boy
    [*]Christmas Without You
    [*]Please Come Home
    [*]Spot Marks the X
    [*]16
    [*]Sleep When I'm Dead
    [*]Baby Rag Dog Book

*Tracklist TBC*
http://idealcopy.american-data.net//Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4988005527851

I don't have terribly high hopes for this album, based on the 4 singles. Sure, hearing Bob sing about getting an awesome blowjob is mildly entertaining, but none of the singles really grabbed me. But who knows? Maybe, like almost every Cure album, the last song ("Baby Rag Dog Book"?) will be the best, and will redeem everything.

I don't have terribly high hopes for this album, based on the 4 singles. Sure, hearing Bob sing about getting an awesome blowjob is mildly entertaining, but none of the singles really grabbed me. But who knows? Maybe, like almost every Cure album, the last song ("Baby Rag Dog Book"?) will be the best, and will redeem everything.

yeah, that's the trouble with releasing 4 singles. if they're brilliant it would work wonders for album sales but releasing 4 duff ones just makes you think the albums gonna be third rate. had they just released one poor single, you might convince yourself that it wasn't representative of the album's quality.

a song about a blow job? dear lord! what is it with singers of that generation? morrissey, david gedge, and now smith all seem to feel they need to write clumsy, explicitly sexual lyrics as they approach 50!

Last edited:
offtopic: hey seekerofgoodsongs, you heard the 2 (relatively) new LC songs yet?

FIRST SONG: "BOOK OF LONGING" The very poem from the very book "Book of Longing"
http://rapidshare.com/files/136014078/Book_of_Longing.mp3.htm

SECOND SONG: "PUPPETS" The poem "Puppets" from the Book of Longing
http://rapidshare.com/files/136016507/Puppets.mp3.html

Thank you for those. I had not heard them before. I did a search and discovered that they are from a 2006 interview from KCRW. Sadly the interview isn't playing on the KCRW website though.
http://www.kcrw.com/sitesearch?dosearch=1&SearchableText=leonard+cohen

Leonard Cohen and Anjani SAT JUN 24, 2006 12:00A
icon_listen_g.gif

www.kcrw.com/music/programs/gz/gz060624leonard_cohen_and_an
Chris Douridas hosts a very special conversation with the great Leonard Cohen and his collaborator Anjani, in celebration of her new album Blue Alert

All I can say at the moment is this: "Underneath the stars" is on there! Great! =D I was afraid they were going to skip that one...it's the greatest song they've done in years and years.

from http://thecure.com

4:13 DREAM WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

9/15/2008 9:18:09 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

AND WILL SOUND SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

01 UNDERNEATH THE STARS
02 THE ONLY ONE
03 THE REASONS WHY
04 FREAKSHOW
05 SIRENSONG
06 THE REAL SNOW WHITE
07 THE HUNGRY GHOST
08 SWITCH
09 THE PERFECT BOY
10 THIS. HERE AND NOW. WITH YOU
11 SLEEP WHEN I’M DEAD
12 THE SCREAM
13 IT’S OVER

IT WILL BE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
(AAAAAH... JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS?!!)
AND WILL BE AVAILABLE ON CD, VINYL AND ONLINE...

MORE EXCITING NEWS ABOUT STUFF AND STUFF IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...

RSX
PS
TAKING BETS NOW AGAINST 'DARK ALBUM' COMPANION PIECE OUT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY 2009... HA!

OR NOT SO HA...

1639159-Full.jpg

A 4:13 DREAM...

9/27/2008 6:31:14 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

PERFORMING THE NEW ALBUM LIVE FOR AN HOUR ON TV BEFORE IT GETS RELEASED...

CAN IT HAPPEN?

Incidentally, that small image =

mtvrsxat9.jpg

...YES IT CAN!
FREE
OPEN AIR
LIVE IN SOUTHERN EUROPE
DELAYED GLOBAL AIRING...

BUT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY BEFORE I CAN POST ALL THE DETAILS!

ANYWAY
HOW ABOUT ANOTHER DREAM...
THAT ON THE BACK OF MY 9/9/2008 NEWS POST ABOUT THE MTV AWARDS ENOUGH OF YOU CLICKED AND WE MADE THE FINAL CUT?

ANOTHER MONDAY STORY?

HMMM...

STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

RSX

>

http://ema.mtv.co.uk/vote/

9/9/2008 10:30:11 AM

HEY! WE COULD BE 'BEST HEADLINER' SAYS MTV! WORTH A VOTE?

IF NOT PERHAPS CAST ONE FOR JONAS BROTHERS OR LIL WAYNE AS 'BEST ACT EVER'?

Thank you all guys for these links! I will definetly buy this album. It sounds very-very good!!!!

I'm amazed -- it really is a great record. To boot, there'll be a part 2 "dark album" coming out next year. Or so sez Fat Bob.... But how dare I call him that now, it really is a solid record. Best since Wish.

I'm amazed -- it really is a great record. To boot, there'll be a part 2 "dark album" coming out next year. Or so sez Fat Bob.... But how dare I call him that now, it really is a solid record. Best since Wish.
I can't wait for the dark album, the darker the better. :) :guitar:

I can't wait for the dark album, the darker the better. :) :guitar:
Agreed! I'd like it to sound a bit like Disintegration (one of my faves!), or Bloodflowers...:D

Back
Top Bottom