japanese singles question

doctor

ok,so wich Jap.singles comes with obi????
i bought interesting drug jap.cd on ebay without obi cause seller told me it came out like that,ok,but in meantime i saw few ones with obi!!!???
so does it comes originally w/obi or no???
i can recall november spawned cd single also without obi and claimed that it originally came without it!!!

someone please light me up on this,especially on my INTERESTING DRUG (use:p)PROBLEM

:(

Well my Interesting Drug and November Spawned a Monster came with an obi. Surely all Smiths/Morrissey Japanese releases came with obi's but I may be wrong? In fact, aren't obi's found on all foreign artist's releases?

Obis on everything except The Smiths - Japan CD [Tokuma Japan 35JC-102]. Naturally no obis on the CD-R promos for Quarry and Ringleader.

.X. posted his Japanese collection on post your collection thread:

japan-1.jpg

Some of them have record company survey postcards.

Stefan, please do not use racist term on this forums.

You can use appropreate language to describe origin of the products.
Thank you very much for your considerations.

Stefan, please do not use racist term on this forums.

You can use appropreate language to describe origin of the products.
Thank you very much for your considerations.

ääääh ? can someone explain please ?
what is in my post a racist term and what does that term mean ?

i come from germany and unfortunatly i am very bad in english !

thnx
Stefan R

ääääh ? can someone explain please ?
what is in my post a racist term and what does that term mean ?

i come from germany and unfortunatly i am very bad in english !

thnx
Stefan R

She thinks that when you wrote "all jap. CDs" you meant "jap." as in "jap".

"Jap" is considered a racist term, but OBVIOUSLY we all know what you meant in this thread.

She thinks that when you wrote "all jap. CDs" you meant "jap." as in "jap".

"Jap" is considered a racist term, but OBVIOUSLY we all know what you meant in this thread.

wow ! thank you flax !

i did not know that, it is not in german
a racist term, we used it as an
abbreviation ...

anyway i am very
sorry if i had insulted any people here.

Stefan R

wow ! thank you flax !

i did not know that, it is not in german
a racist term, we used it as an
abbreviation ...

anyway i am very
sorry if i had insulted any people here.

Stefan R

Yeah, don't worry. Getting offended over this would be dumb because it's obviously not racist.

In my native language for example, we use the term "japa", but it's not at aaallll racist. It's just a short for the word "japonês".

It took me a while to understand the term "jap" because I had never thought that people could be racist towards japanese people. Just never occurred to me.

It took me a while to understand the term "jap" because I had never thought that people could be racist towards japanese people.

I don't think Americans were, either, until that little incident nearly 67 years ago. And that racism faded away within about 10 years of the war's end. I don't know anybody who harbors ill will toward the Japanese.

I've written EIL.com before and asked them to use "JPN" instead of "JAP". I've never received a reply.

japs.JPG

For anyone who hasnt seen it and is interested in Japanese releases the following is in the Record Collector 100 Smiths rarities:

"Recent trends over the past few years have seen the Japanese Tokuma label record releases becoming very collectable. These generally command between £45 and £50 each. The later Victor label release go for a rather lower figure generally between £20 and £25".

Also, I found this interesting via Wikipedia:

"An Obi strip is a strip of thin paper looped around the left side or sometimes made of thicker paper folded over the top of Japan pressed LP albums. It is also found folded over the left side of music CDs, video games, DVD's and even on the covers of books when the are sold new.

The features of the obi include the title of the product usually in phonetic Japanese, the track listings, other information pertaining to it, such as price, catalog number and other related releases or artists from that same record company.

Products that feature an obi strip have become desirable among collectors from around the world. Because many Japanese consumers discarded the obi once purchased and of course some took great care in preventing damage to the obi. An old record or CD with the obi still attached can fetch premium prices on the second hand/collectors market. As a rule of thumb, a record or CD with the obi strip intact is always worth more than one without one. Whenever a Japanese pressing of a CD by a Western artist is exported to other countries for sale in retail outlets (or offered for sale via online retail outlets) becomes available, the obi can dictate the value of that CD. If it's new/sealed it should have an obi, providing it came with one (some Japanese releases feature an information sticker instead of an obi). A used/second hand CD with the obi still with the CD is usually worth more than any other countries standard domestic pressing."

Back
Top Bottom