I Can't Seem To Get It Up

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Recently, I got a haircut. Short on the sides, a little length on the top. I've never been one to dress or try to look like Morrissey, but I figure at 35 years old I'm going to at least try the quiff. Therein lies the problem. I know how to "flatten the quiff" (see Kristeen Young), but I don't have the hair styling chops to get my quiff up very high. Yes, I know a highly personally problem.

My secretary (who I'm not sleeping with) suggested I hold my hair up in the front and brush downwards? This somehow "teases" the hair. Hairspray and you're done. I'm not buying this.

I need help here folks. I want a quiff before heaven forbid I start to bald...

Last edited:
Oh god, I thought you were talking about something else! :p:o

Recently, I got a haircut. Short on the sides, a little length on the top. I've never been one to dress or try to look like Morrissey, but I figure at 35 years old I'm going to at least try the quiff. Therein lies the problem. I know how to "flatten the quiff" (see Kristeen Young), but I don't have the hair styling chops to get my quiff up very high. Yes, I know a highly personally problem.

My secretary (who I'm not sleeping with) suggested I hold my hair up in the front and brush downwards? This somehow "teases" the hair. Hairspray and you're done. I'm not buying this.

I need help here folks. I want a quiff before heaven forbid a start to bald...

The ribald response possibilities with this one are endless...

Maybe you need a 'fluffer' :p I could be talking about a special brush tho. :D

Vauxhall95, have you read the Moz hair thread? Abrahan posted a nice vid of himself fashioning his pomp. I can't wait to see what you and your hair can do for us :)

I need help here folks. I want a quiff before heaven forbid a start to bald...

you should ask the Hair thread
Oh god, I thought you were talking about something else! :p:o

you would perv! :p

He did? I don't remember that...I'll go check. I'm in the same boat as Vauxhall95, but I don't have a secretary. ;)

I lend a little humor to the title, and it is rudely moved! I'm sorry, but how is a thread about picking a good photo to bring to your hair stylist so you can get a hair cut like Morrissey's any more germane then what I'm asking?

BULLSHIT I TELL YOU!

P.S. You want my secretary's number?:)

I don't want to ask the hair thread. The thread is like reading "War and f***in' Peace." I just want an answer, and I thought some ladies or quiff dudes could just tell me.:)

you should ask the Hair thread

you would perv! :p

I don't want to ask the hair thread. The thread is like reading "War and f***in' Peace." I just want an answer, and I thought some ladies or quiff dudes could just tell me.:)

Wha?! :confused: You must have it confused with another thread. The hair thread is all PEACE, dude

p.s. I half finger-dried my hair then used a lot of pomade, I just kept working it...the longer it took the more it seemed to work for me. But I'm a girl. What do I know about pomps.

Wha?! :confused: You must have it confused with another thread. The hair thread is all PEACE, dude

p.s. I half finger-dried my hair then used a lot of pomade, I just kept working it...the longer it took the more it seemed to work for me. But I'm a girl. What do I know about pomps.

Okay, first off, allow me to clarify. I was describing the size of the thread, i.e. there are a ton of posts. Just as "War and Peace" is a large novel.

Second, I find myself oddly aroused by the "I half finger-dried my hair..." there's something strangely sexy about that, or me, or BOTH!:)

Hair peace?
hair-peace.jpg

It's more like the Skinner/Abrahan daily hair shot. But I've used that one before.

That you have access to these photos at such amazing speeds is both astonishing and frightening...:)

Maybe you need a 'fluffer' :p I could be talking about a special brush tho. :D

Corrissey, you obviously were not paying attention when you read my initial post: I already have a secretary...

Back
Top Bottom