So what happened to Gary Day?

Was bored of shagging birds who called him Steven in the morning.

I heard something about him having trouble with his visa and not being able to come back to America for a while or something. I don't think he is actually "gone", just taking a break for a measly three concerts. But I think Mikey is gone indefinitely.

I heard something about him having trouble with his visa and not being able to come back to America for a while or something. I don't think he is actually "gone", just taking a break for a measly three concerts. But I think Mikey is gone indefinitely.

Who played/will play in his place

Solomon Snyder, a brother of Matt Walker (half-brother then I guess?). I like Gary a lot, I hope he comes back.

I dunno anything of late, but I would like to know why Morrissey chose Jonny Bridgwood instead of Gaz to do Vauxhall; Southpaw and Maladjusted.

Mikey was already booked to work for someone else and as that had been arranged prior to these three gigs he couldn't make it. I'd be very very surprised if he's not back for the next gigs, whenever they may be.

Gary's got a baby on the way and Mikey will be going on tour with Macy Gray:( :(

I dunno anything of late, but I would like to know why Morrissey chose Jonny Bridgwood instead of Gaz to do Vauxhall; Southpaw and Maladjusted.

Gary was sacked and Bridgewood replaced him. The reasons for Gary's sacking were not released.

Bridgewood is a great bassist.

Anyone interested in psychobilly, will be amazed at the fact that 'Vauxhall and I' featured Meteors drummer Woodie Taylor and Stingrays bassist Bridgewood. You couldn't make it up!

can some one explain what with alain wyte??
yeah im pretty lost...
everybody mentions it, no one explains it

Initially the reason given was that he was 'ill'.

Although considering what's happened since then it would seem like he left to try and 'make it' without Morrissey and only hung around as long as he did to play at the MEN gig (as it was being filmed) and the Dublin gig (God knows why). Considering Little Barrie was brought it so very quickly and no dates had to be changed or anything like that I would guess it didn't come as such a huge surprise to the rest of the band.

Edit: None of the above has any basis in any facts or anything, just what seems most likely to me.

a pattern developes...
up to & inc' Alains last gig (Dublin Castle 04) when Moz intro'd the band it was always lastly Alain, now since Mikey joined who has been the last band member intro'd? Yes Mikey, now musically Mikey was the nibs, Alain was the nibs up to his departure, there's only Boz (who wisely colaborates without threat) & hot sauce who will be the next of the gang eh?
Don't become the last of the intro's is the ploy.

the Gazza bit, well 'die wanker' aint easily forgotten, spesh if you've a new intrest with a boss erm bass brov eh, tis a drummers life for me?

hmmn

love

G

Well, Alain's Lighting broke up so, it's seemingly in the air that he would return. Also, He and Moz didn't end on bad terms; so i don't see why now isn't the right time.

As for Gary:
No one ever said he was out of the band, just that he wasn't gonna play a few shows. They got Solomon at the last minute, showing that they don't have a steady bassist... so i highly doubt Gary is going anywhere.

Well, Alain's Lighting broke up so, it's seemingly in the air that he would return. Also, He and Moz didn't end on bad terms; so i don't see why now isn't the right time.

As for Gary:
No one ever said he was out of the band, just that he wasn't gonna play a few shows. They got Solomon at the last minute, showing that they don't have a steady bassist... so i highly doubt Gary is going anywhere.

yes morrissey did say at the pasadena gigs that solomon and the other guy saved them at the last minute....

Back
Top Bottom