Italy off (official), so London can be on?

LizSK2

Seen no thread about this, if there is one tell me and I'll delete!

People are reporting in the Vienna thread on the main board that the 2 Rimini dates are off. He's really been schlepping all over the place since the last set of cancellations and I was impressed that he was getting through it all. However, he absolutely cannot cancel these London shows again so is he sacrificing the Italy shows to get a week off before the Troxy? Sounds like he needs it. Shame he can't figure this out before booking gigs he has to call off. Hopeless, yet again, and letting people down. I'm hopeful the London shows will be on, but you never know with him....

Re: Italy off so London can be on?

I've just heard a RUMOUR about the italy dates being OFF!!!
was about to post,
anyone know anything DEFINATE?
got a friend there with no pc access whos gonna freak if she travels halfway across country to find cancelled.

and if it is to save the london dates, then i think he's doing the right thing, (did see a couple of recent gig vids and thought he was sounding tadge rough, *bless*)

Re: Italy off??? Hope not!

Hope Rimini dates aren't cancelled. :pray:

If so, it will be confirmed on the venue website, itsmorrisseysworld, myspace, facebook and twitter tomorrow.

Last edited:
Re: Italy off??? Hope not!

:tears: Just confirmed on MySpace:

Velvet, Rimini Concerts Postponed
The Morrissey concerts at Velvet, Rimini on July 13 and 14 are unfortunately postponed due to currently un-resolvable reasons.

Ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets for further announcements. Refunds will be available at point of purchase. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

The Morrissey concerts in London (July 18, 19, 21 and 22) will take place as scheduled.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=6687424&blogID=499858814

Re: Italy off ???? so London can be on?

On my fb just now:

Velvet, Rimini Concerts Postponed
The Morrissey concerts at Velvet, Rimini on July 13 and 14 are unfortunately postponed due to currently un-resolvable reasons. Ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets for further announcements. Refunds will be available at point of purchase...

Re: Italy off ???? so London can be on?

The Morrissey concerts at Velvet, Rimini on July 13 and 14 are unfortunately postponed due to currently un-resolvable reasons.

Ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets for further announcements. Refunds will be available at point of purchase. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

The Morrissey concerts in London (July 18, 19, 21 and 22) will take place as scheduled.

(Just posted on facebook.)

Re: Italy off *sob*

Sorry, I was joking because I was 100% sure that those rumors were totally unfounded.
It seems that I was was wrong :(

Bear_Hugs.jpg

Really sad that Morrissey has to postpone Rimini gigs.

Hope he'll play there later this year.

It makes me laugh - ''unresolvable reasons...'
Come on........ just tell us what they are:D

Anyway...... I thought myspace / facebook etc were not official sources of info:confused:

Commiserations to those fans trevelling there.... I've been there before (not that part of Italy... I mean travelling to gigs cancelled...)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

Bear_Hugs.jpg

Really sad that Morrissey has to postpone Rimini gigs.

Hope he'll play there later this year.

Thanks, fortunately I decided not to go. I'm very sorry for all the fans travelling there. (sorry, the audience).

Next time, maybe, a better location, please.:angry: Not in the middle of a field, with no bus service after 10 PM. :mad:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/372030/f***ingvelvet.png

In case you couldn't guess I hate the Velvet.

Unfortunately Morrissey won't play in Rimini, still people can enjoy themselves in beach and other places in there?

It makes me laugh - ''unresolvable reasons...'
Come on........ just tell us what they are:D

Anyway...... I thought myspace / facebook etc were not official sources of info:confused:

Commiserations to those fans trevelling there.... I've been there before (not that part of Italy... I mean travelling to gigs cancelled...)

Jukebox Jury

I think if we find out the true reason we won't know that it is, there is so much room for speculation when Morrissey denies any truth in even his "Official" sites.
Commiserations.:(

Damn that reads bad..I'm tired. G'night all.
:sleeping:

Could these Un-resolved reasons be something out of Morrisseys hands, such as the promoters or venue not paying the money they owe Morrissey or his managment? Maybe the road crew have had a dispute with the company they work for and are striking because of this?? Maybe one of the band members has recieved some bad news from their family and dont feel they can play these gigs??? Why do people always assume it's Morrisseys fault

From Facebook:

"Doll and The Kicks Rimini gigs cancelled sadly. Gasometer was great last night, thanks to the 80 people who bought a CD off us at the end. We're in Germany tonight now, heading back to B-town tomorrow.... see some of you in London..."

Could these Un-resolved reasons be something out of Morrisseys hands, such as the promoters or venue not paying the money they owe Morrissey or his managment? Maybe the road crew have had a dispute with the company they work for and are striking because of this?? Maybe one of the band members has recieved some bad news from their family and dont feel they can play these gigs??? Why do people always assume it's Morrisseys fault

well said

Back
Top Bottom