Morrissey's Shirts

blue jag

Banned
Just an idea, but instead of his shirts getting ripped into a thousand pieces by insane fans why not have some kind of raffle for it? The winner could pick the whole shirt up after the gig from say a security guard.Maybe people just like a good fight!

Last edited:
I wish they would chop his shirt into many little pieces and just sell the pieces. They could give the money to PETA or some charity.

Just an idea, but instead of his shirts getting ripped into a thousand pieces by insane fans why not have some kind of raffle for it? The winner could pick the whole shirt up after the gig from say a security guard.Maybe people just like a good fight!

I'm one of those people.

Can't understand with the obsession of wanting a piece of shirt really.

What are you all going to do with it? Frame it? Get it out and sniff it?:eek:

Have it put in your coffin with you?

Can't understand with the obsession of wanting a piece of shirt really.

What are you all going to do with it? Frame it? Get it out and sniff it?:eek:

Have it put in your coffin with you?

it's just nice to say that you have a piece of his shirt really. I would never fight during a gig for it, but luckily at the end on friday i saw a fight and just thought i'd join, and i came away with quite a big piece without having to do much as someone had scissors to cut it up:D

A friend's husband joined the scrum and got me a piece of Morrissey's shirt at the end of the Borough Hall, Hartlepool concert. I can't stress enough just how it feels to have a piece of cloth from the sleeve of a shirt which just seconds before was worn by a man I have adored since the early days of the Smiths. I'm not violent, but am competitive. I wouldn't like to hurt anyone, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do... or get a friend's husband to do it for her.
Incidentally, it is a piece of lavender silk and smells divine!

I understand where people are coming from trying to allow an even chance for the shirt, but I think it's too artificial for a Morrissey gig (although they do seem a lot more artificial than one might expect). The fight for the shirt is (a) a spectacle of the night, (b) an active chance to show one's emotions, and (c) a spontaneous event not based on how much money you've stuffed in your shoe.

I will say that I have been given a piece of the shirt and the setlist without resorting to violence and it was magical; it was from the kindness of another fan and the pity (I think) of Arturo.

And I do enjoy sniffing the shirt; it triggers memories.

I can see where you're coming from but i love the excitement. On the 23rd in Manchester i managed to get quite a big piece of his shirt and the fact that i had managed to get a piece, made up for me missing first of the gang to die.

I wouldn't want to lose a tooth in the scrum, but if moz is ripping his shirt off... oh well.

Back
Top Bottom