Who has met morrissey?

Who has ever been lucky enough to meet him? When/where, etc?

Last edited:
I have as well. 2004. Beautiful. :) http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=330883&postcount=24

I posted about it in 2006, in response to a concern that zom had:

Originally Posted by zom
I Also, his music has been so dear to me that the chance of him being a standoffish prick would be a major disappointment...

zom
For zom and all the others feeling this way, let me assure you - it's a completely unfounded fear.
I don't have insight into a great many things, but this I do, so I'll share.

I was rewarded with the opportunity to meet Morrissey at the end of the 2004 tour, as were about 10 other fans, after the show in Dublin.

This man couldn't have been more gracious, kind, and generous to us.
For example: I distinctly remember towards the end of our meeting, an LA fan handed Morrissey a letter from his friend and said to Moz, "this is from Linda(?), she's sorry she couldn't be here but she wanted you to have this." Moz took the letter from him, looked him in the eye, earnestly said "thank you" and nodded his head, and then he gave the fan a great big hug. Such warmth, respect and empathy were just flowing from the man.

I don't really want to go into my experience because it was just so wonderful and personal, but I guarantee you this - if you're ever lucky enough to meet him (in a respectful manner, not by crashing his party or whatever), you will not be disappointed.

As one of the members of his entourage told me - if you love the man, he knows it. And he treats you with all the gentleness, respect, and appreciation in the world.

He saves his snippy comments for all his celebrity "it's-fashionable-at-the-moment-to-like-Morrissey" pseudo-fans. :)

Musings

So close, yet so far away. Only in that I've stood in front of him and heard him sing, and taken his hand and thanked him for singing. But that's a lot, isn't it? It seems to matter a lot to him, and it did to me.

Thankyou for your replies!
I would dearly love to meet him, yet I have no idea how that could ever happen!

I have as well. 2004. Beautiful. :) http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=330883&postcount=24

I posted about it in 2006, in response to a concern that zom had:

For zom and all the others feeling this way, let me assure you - it's a completely unfounded fear.
I don't have insight into a great many things, but this I do, so I'll share.

I was rewarded with the opportunity to meet Morrissey at the end of the 2004 tour, as were about 10 other fans, after the show in Dublin.

This man couldn't have been more gracious, kind, and generous to us.
For example: I distinctly remember towards the end of our meeting, an LA fan handed Morrissey a letter from his friend and said to Moz, "this is from Linda(?), she's sorry she couldn't be here but she wanted you to have this." Moz took the letter from him, looked him in the eye, earnestly said "thank you" and nodded his head, and then he gave the fan a great big hug. Such warmth, respect and empathy were just flowing from the man.

I don't really want to go into my experience because it was just so wonderful and personal, but I guarantee you this - if you're ever lucky enough to meet him (in a respectful manner, not by crashing his party or whatever), you will not be disappointed.

As one of the members of his entourage told me - if you love the man, he knows it. And he treats you with all the gentleness, respect, and appreciation in the world.

He saves his snippy comments for all his celebrity "it's-fashionable-at-the-moment-to-like-Morrissey" pseudo-fans. :)

Musings

I always think he looks and comes across as though he would be really gentle. I think that's part of the appeal.

i met Moz in 92 at tower records signing in NY. I was thrilled but couldn't get it together, just ended up asking if I could hug him (he said yes and we hugged) and thank you.

i remember walking home and realizing this ridiculous smile was plastered all over my face - I think it stayed there for a few days.

Clearly you let those blue eyes fool you into thinking that Moz is female.

LOL! Oh those eyes though- thems is eyes you could get lost in. I have very blue eyes too, our children would have lovely eyes.... Do you think that I could persuade him to let me bare his children based on this fact alone?!

LOL! Oh those eyes though- thems is eyes you could get lost in. I have very blue eyes too, our children would have lovely eyes.... Do you think that I could persuade him to let me bare his children based on this fact alone?!

You could always try. Just be sure the record that exchange so that we can all have a laugh.

My wife has the same blue eyes, too, so god knows I've been fooled.

The first time I met him was Sept, 19, 1992 at Brandesis University before the show. I waited out back and he came out of the door. I walked up to him and put my arm around him and walked him to his car.
img192.jpg2.jpg

The second time was May 3, 1994 at Tower Records in Boston. He was doing a instore signing. You got an autograph and a hug. His huggs are so amazing! He totally embraces you. He told me I was so small and gave me a extra squeeze! He is truly amazing! :D
img190.jpg2.jpg

img188.jpg

img190.jpg2.jpg

For those who don't know...that is "Jake" in the background with the white denim jacket on. He looks like he's giving you the hairy eyeball, morrisseychic! :eek: Jake was with Moz a lot in and around 1994.

Tags
fans jake
Back
Top Bottom