BBC Transcription question

Hi

I would like to know wich concert is on this Lp and the average price for it. Don't know how much were usually pressed by the BBC and where they were avaible at this time....

thanks
PS: the 7" Reilly/ Morrissey was given hand to hand in the shop or it was sealed with the Reilly Lp ?

2 different BBC transcription discs were pressed; the Oxford Apollo show which is where the That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore live b-sides came from and the Kilburn National Ballroom, which was later pared down and released as Rank.

I don't know how many were made. The discs were leased to overseas radio stations and were supposed to have destroyed them or sent them back. They are technically still property of the BBC and cannot be advertised for sale in the British Record Collector magazine, for example.

Value would be $300-$500.

Last edited:
I know you didn't ask but there are some other bbc transcription discs that are of some slight interest to Smiths/Moz collectors & they are the Top of the pops discs.

0be177e2.jpg

love

Grim

thanks for the answers

so expensive? for example the Depeche Mode one, early gig, goes usually for not much than 50/60$ and I m not sure they were produced in bigger quantity but well maybe Smiths fans are willing to pay much than DM ones ;)

Many transcription discs have been heavily counterfeited, the DM one you speak of was counterfeited a long time ago. I can go to a record store down the street and buy a fake Nirvana transcription disc for $20. I have yet to see a counterfeit Smiths transcription disc.

Real transcription discs have a white label with predominantly green, and some black print. They open from the left side.

Most fakes open from the right and have a white label with black print.

Anyone want to sell one of these?
Ever since I found out they were not supposed to be available, and that the BBC still technically own them, I've wanted one.

But, alas, I've been outbid of fleabay a few times...

Dave

Back
Top Bottom