• No

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
woo I'm 1st of the gang to vote!

love

Grim

070627newspic_2.jpg

Yes, I do.

i went to catholic school for eight years and did; went to four years at a jesuit school and was unsure.

still unsure, but i try not to think about it. Its not really a priority right now

No should have two answers..as Agnostics are not idiots like Atheists are..

No should have two answers..as Agnostics are not idiots like Atheists are..

Either you have a gift for irony or you are baiting the atheists.

I'll bite. Why are atheists idiots?

Either you have a gift for irony or you are baiting the atheists.

I'll bite. Why are atheists idiots?

To claim that there IS NO GOD...Is to say you know everything...and nobody can possibly know Everything about this vast universe of ours...

To say I don't know if God exists...or I don't Care if God exists...is a more honest and human answer...

To claim that there IS NO GOD...Is to say you know everything...and nobody can possibly know Everything about this vast universe of ours...

To say I don't know if God exists...or I don't Care if God exists...is a more honest and human answer...

Once again, I'm not sure if you are having us on. You say "To claim that there IS NO GOD...Is to say you know everything...and nobody can possibly know Everything". Logically you imply "...but if you could, you'd be a god but since you can't there isn't"

You've got to stop listening to the Christians. The inability to disprove something doesn't make it a supportable position. Perhaps Saturn is made of luncheon meats. My inability to disprove as much shouldn't lead me to conclude that it might be so. Let me show you:

You and I are standing in line for a Moz concert. Someone approaches us and asks if we believe Saturn is made of bologna.
I say "No, that would be ridiculous. It defies everything we know and can prove about the formation of our solar system"
You say "I don't know if it is and I don't care if it is"

I'll look like an idiot if by some remote chance I'm proven wrong. Until then, you can refrain from calling me an idiot.

Once again, I'm not sure if you are having us on. You say "To claim that there IS NO GOD...Is to say you know everything...and nobody can possibly know Everything". Logically you imply "...but if you could, you'd be a god but since you can't there isn't"

You've got to stop listening to the Christians. The inability to disprove something doesn't make it a supportable position. Perhaps Saturn is made of luncheon meats. My inability to disprove as much shouldn't lead me to conclude that it might be so. Let me show you:

You and I are standing in line for a Moz concert. Someone approaches us and asks if we believe Saturn is made of bologna.
I say "No, that would be ridiculous. It defies everything we know and can prove about the formation of our solar system"
You say "I don't know if it is and I don't care if it is"

I'll look like an idiot if by some remote chance I'm proven wrong. Until then, you can refrain from calling me an idiot.

Well, do you BELIEVE There is no God...or do you think you KNOW there is no God...

You could clarify your position instead of making ridiculous metaphors...

Well, do you BELIEVE There is no God...or do you think you KNOW there is no God...

You could clarify your position instead of making ridiculous metaphors...

In so far as I "know" that Moz writes his most of his own lyrics (if you'll indulge another ridiculous metaphor - and while we're at it what could be more ridiculous that a spiteful omniscient sky-dweller who sends plagues of locusts as punishment?) I know there is no god. As I have no proof to the contrary and as I'm bound to trust my senses and reasoning, I know it as much as I know anything. If presented with evidence to the contrary, I will gladly concede. That of course is the very human quality that sets atheists apart from believers and agnostics.

In so far as I "know" that Moz writes his most of his own lyrics (if you'll indulge another ridiculous metaphor - and while we're at it what could be more ridiculous that a spiteful omniscient sky-dweller who sends plagues of locusts as punishment?) I know there is no god. As I have no proof to the contrary and as I'm bound to trust my senses and reasoning, I know it as much as I know anything. If presented with evidence to the contrary, I will gladly concede. That of course is the very human quality that sets atheists apart from believers and agnostics.

That's like saying I've never seen a leprechaun...but that doesn't mean they don't exist?

Seriously, it's arrogant to think there's nothing bigger than yourself...

If I'm wrong...no big deal...

But if you're wrong...hope you bring lots of Ice water with you

That's like saying I've never seen a leprechaun...but that doesn't mean they don't exist?

No, its like saying there is no empirical evidence to suggest the existence or possibility of wish-granting little green men so I'll conclude that they don't until that condition changes.

Seriously, it's arrogant to think there's nothing bigger than yourself...
I don't believe I said that. It was belief in God (with a capital 'G') that I refuted.

If I'm wrong...no big deal...

But if you're wrong...hope you bring lots of Ice water with you

Have you read the Bible? I'll be sure to offer you a drink when I see you there with the other non-true-believers.

No, its like saying there is no empirical evidence to suggest the existence or possibility of wish-granting little green men so I'll conclude that they don't until that condition changes.

I don't believe I said that. It was belief in God (with a capital 'G') that I refuted.

Have you read the Bible? I'll be sure to offer you a drink when I see you there with the other non-true-believers.

We're not debating Religion...we're debating God...

And Since I see no evidence to the contrary..I would have to conclude (using your logic) that a diving being does exist...

Unless we want to assume that all life has sentient intelligence to survive for millania all by itself?

Or that The Chicago Cubs still haven't won a world series for 100 years....

We're not debating Religion...we're debating God...

And Since I see no evidence to the contrary..I would have to conclude (using your logic) that a diving being does exist...

Unless we want to assume that all life has sentient intelligence to survive for millania all by itself?

Or that The Chicago Cubs still haven't won a world series for 100 years....

So your answer is that an invisible man looks after you :rolleyes: Basic biology text-books will explain evolution if you find it difficult.

So your answer is that an invisible man looks after you :rolleyes: Basic biology text-books will explain evolution if you find it difficult.

Okay...but evolution is speculation...just as creation is...

I mean...Cactuses with Red flowers in the desert survived as opposed to those that didn't have flowers? Did the Cactus grow a brain and figure out..HEY I NEED TO WEAR BRIGHT COLORS IF I'M GONNA Live??

Or is it quite possible it was designed that way?

Seriously, If you want to believe you came from Ape shit...

Than that's fine with me!

Okay...but evolution is speculation...just as creation is...

I mean...Cactuses with Red flowers in the desert survived as opposed to those that didn't have flowers? Did the Cactus grow a brain and figure out..HEY I NEED TO WEAR BRIGHT COLORS IF I'M GONNA Live??

Or is it quite possible it was designed that way?

Seriously, If you want to believe you came from Ape shit...

Than that's fine with me!

Again, a basic biology text-book will explain this.

It has been my experience that Atheists are the most fervent Christians. They totally equate "God" with "Christianity" and feel that in rejecting Christianity they have somehow disproven God.

There are many ways to believe in God.

I really try not to get involved with these discussions but Atheists, in my experience, are more rigid in their beliefs than fundamentalist Christians. It really cracks me up when they start trying to sound "scientific".

Back
Top Bottom