Worst Music Video Ever?

pagnani32

140.6 Bad Assness!
What music video do you absolutly despise, or think is just plain strange? I'm talking of course of The Smiths and Moz.
I just looked up Ouija Board and OMG! Little kids dancing around with some crazy old lady? I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I was quite embarrassed:o My second runner-up would have to be November Spawned a monster. Moz dancing around with a see through shirt, band aids on his nipples and basically humping a rock? As much as I would like to be the rock in this case, I really can't bring myself to watch this video!
Ok, now lets hear it from the rest of ya's!

What music video do you absolutly despise, or think is just plain strange? I'm talking of course of The Smiths and Moz.
I just looked up Ouija Board and OMG! Little kids dancing around with some crazy old lady? I couldn't even watch the whole thing, I was quite embarrassed:o My second runner-up would have to be November Spawned a monster. Moz dancing around with a see through shirt, band aids on his nipples and basically humping a rock? As much as I would like to be the rock in this case, I really can't bring myself to watch this video!
Ok, now lets hear it from the rest of ya's!

dude, beavis and butthead luv that video!

I like the November video, it's one of the few things he has ever done that could dare be called "a music video". Ouija Board is bad too, but the Interesting Drug and Everyday is Like Sunday videos are the worst of all.

I love the November video, it's incredibly beautiful. I wish I could go to that desert and take the rock. I wasn't fond of the Oujja Board video, it just didn't work out well.:confused:

I guess the dancing around part isn't bad, accually now that I think about it I like the dancing, but must it be in the middle of the desert? Just my opinion on these, I'm not looking to pick a fight.

I like the November video, it's one of the few things he has ever done that could dare be called "a music video". Ouija Board is bad too, but the Interesting Drug and Everyday is Like Sunday videos are the worst of all.
Why Everyday Is Like Sunday?! :confused:

Why Everyday Is Like Sunday?! :confused:

that's what I was wondering too, I love that video. I love where everybody is buying the single, then when the girl gets mad at the women for wearing fur, and then at the end when she looks through the telescope and sees Morrissey, he looks so beautiful.

Of course I do live in the middle of the desert, so maybe thats why I think it's so boring?

I love all the ones mentioned here - especially every day is like sunday for it's many animal rights messages! ouija board is cute - the old lady dancing around with the garlic, it's funny. a bit kooky but amusing.

but the worst has to be our frank - which morrissey himself hated and tried to stop from being released! he looks just awful in it, don't you think? the lighting is the worst.

I don't really like you have killed me either. artifically crapping up the sound and image with audio-muffling and pseudo-vhs filters to make it look old is something I just hate in general. a good director can create a 70ies atmosphere without such meager tricks.

I love all the ones mentioned here - especially every day is like sunday for it's many animal rights messages! ouija board is cute - the old lady dancing around with the garlic, it's funny. a bit kooky but amusing.

but the worst has to be our frank - which morrissey himself hated and tried to stop from being released! he looks just awful in it, don't you think? the lighting is the worst.

I don't really like you have killed me either. artifically crapping up the sound and image with audio-muffling and pseudo-vhs filters to make it look old is something I just hate in general. a good director can create a 70ies atmosphere without such meager tricks.

They really shouldn't of have released Our Frank if he didn't want them too, but I guess they didn't listen to him.:(

I like the You Have Killed Me video, they could've used a better concept for the whole 70's italian theme, but the song is great and he looks beautiful in the video.

I agree, Our Frank is awful, I really dislike YHKM, and the same goes for every video that looks just like filmed lip-synched performance (Irish Blood, English Heart).

Everyday Is Like Sunday is one of the best, if not THE best. It's one of the few that actually have a story, rather than just showing Morrissey walk around and sing / stand on stage and sing (not that looking at Morrissey is a bad thing ;) but that's not what makes a good video). It's a good idea to concentrate on a character of a Morrissey fan instead of himself for a change, and the conclusion is very nice.

Out of those that do concentrate on Morrissey, Seasick, Yet Still Docked is my favourite by far. This one is the very opposite of EILS as not much happens in it, but there is something so poignant about the Seasick video, about the way he just stands and looks broodingly into the camera, and the way it's interspersed with the footage of an idyllic-looking family.

*hangs head* I'm afraid to say this, but i LOVE every single video that The Smiths did, and that Morrissey has done. If you ask me there is not enough. I know that Moz is not especially fond of doing vid's so any kind of vid i can see him in is really cool. November spawned is one of my favourites, i have it on my ipod and i constantly watch it ;). Ouija Board, Ouija Boaard is another favourite but i love the song to bits. YHKE, (yes, i'm gonna say it again) another favourite, an older Moz looking 'FINE'....hmm....i can go on but i shall hold back coz i'm sure that i can see people shaking their heads at me :D

I CANNOT believe these comments.I absolutely LOVE Ouija Board video.And November Spawned a Monster is even better.Moz looks divine it.Its set in Death Valley and I think its genius.Why be a Moz fan and slag his stuff off?

*hangs head* I'm afraid to say this, but i LOVE every single video that The Smiths did, and that Morrissey has done. If you ask me there is not enough. I know that Moz is not especially fond of doing vid's so any kind of vid i can see him in is really cool. November spawned is one of my favourites, i have it on my ipod and i constantly watch it ;). Ouija Board, Ouija Boaard is another favourite but i love the song to bits. YHKE, (yes, i'm gonna say it again) another favourite, an older Moz looking 'FINE'....hmm....i can go on but i shall hold back coz i'm sure that i can see people shaking their heads at me :D

I CANNOT believe these comments.I absolutely LOVE Ouija Board video.And November Spawned a Monster is even better.Moz looks divine it.Its set in Death Valley and I think its genius.Why be a Moz fan and slag his stuff off?

See, i KNOW what you mean...... :)

Out of those that do concentrate on Morrissey, Seasick, Yet Still Docked is my favourite by far. This one is the very opposite of EILS as not much happens in it, but there is something so poignant about the Seasick video, about the way he just stands and looks broodingly into the camera, and the way it's interspersed with the footage of an idyllic-looking family.

I agree, My Love Life is great too in my opinion.

I'd have to say 'You're The One For Me Fatty' is my worst, Morrissey looks so beautiful in the studio with the lighting and his pink shirt, if slightly bored, and that would've made a perfect video alone. So why does it have to be ruined by the hideous cringe-worthy 'comedy' inserts with those terrible actors... urgh, I've watched it about twice and get too annoyed!

I'm not too keen on the 'Sunday' video either, I think it's dated quite badly. I can't help but get distracted by the wonderful eighties fashions! Ouija Board however I find quite lovely, perhaps because Morrissey looks so good in it which balances out the oddness of the rest of it. And the best is defintely 'Seasick', just stunning.

I like almost all of Morrissey's videos, but none of them are brilliant. On the other hand, many videos that attempt to be "groundbreaking" end up looking silly or being forgotten years later.

It's interesting how the early Moz videos quite seamlessly continue in the vein of The Smiths iconography. Was this a request on Morrissey's part or was it Tim Broad's input...or the the record label's? I don't know if it was intentional, but James O'Brien (what happened, or didn't happen, between him and Moz?) carried on Broad's style but then seemed to drop off the radar. Bucky at the AV club seems to be the go to guy now.

My personal favourite is "Tomorrow" (the original, not the US alternate version, though that's cool as well). Moz and the lads look amazing in it. Trivia: it was directed by Zack Snyder, who went on to do films such as the "Dawn of the Dead" remake and soon to be released "300".

The worst is definitely "Alma Matters". Green is the colour of sickness.

Time to throw on the Oye Esteban DVD...

We all know Moz’s video appearances aren’t exactly Ultravox, Duran Duran or Queen in the 80s but some of them are completely atrocious. After seeing the video montage of influences on the final leg of ROTT tour, I think he could do SO MUCH BETTER!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Irish Blood- all those misfit LA kids… pith off! Sorry no offence but they look like complete tossers. And as a powerful song the video does it a total disservice in my opinion.

2) FOTGTD- Cobbled together shite. Exclusive backstage footage?!? Again the song could have had such a more imaginative video but there we go!

3) Sunny- What? On earth?

4) Our Frank- featuring the misunderstood sub-culture of skinheads in London, why not make a new video concerning alleged Muslim extremists making non-alcoholic fruit drink cocktails but then the police break the door down and accuse them of making Molotov cocktails and then proceed to kick them and shoot them etc. Closing shot of Bin Laden but as he removes his false beard it’s actually a Mike Joyce look-a-like in disguise!
As a Brazilian Pele could make a guest appearance, though knowing Moz he would go for Garrincha, the little bird. (Ganglord.)

6) My Love Life- Yawn. It may be very well be the red light strip in Phoenix or wherever but yawn, yawn, yawn. And yawn again.

7) Pregnant For The last Time- lets prance around Berlin, “I AM HAPPY I HAVE NEW FRIENDS.” Oh heres a Jobriath record. A nation turns its back and gags (well the fifty-four people watching the Chart Show anyway!)

8) Fatty- Perfunctory video for a perfunctory song.

The other videos serve a purpose my Top 10 being in no particular order.

Interesting Drug
Alma Matters
November Spawned A Monster
Last Of The Famous…
Suedehead
Sing Your Life
You Have Killed Me
Tomorrow
We Hate It When Our Ice Cream Gets Licked By Spencer
Glamorous Glue (NICE SHIRT MOZ!!!! Bring back the lamè!)

That just about covers most of them then!!!

The best “video” however was Vic N Bob in Catterick when the killer bloke is singing the words to Satan Rejected My Soul.

Back
Top Bottom