I'm off to do the wash

D

Dave

it's mostly dark tshirts and socks, and some sheets and towels.

don't do it Dave! Hope I'm not to late? Not t-shirts with towels, it's like chalk & cheese just don't mix with crackers!

love

Grim (the washing-man)

I pretty much did towels and socks, and tshirts and shorts, and it seems to ahve come out ok. Nothing eventful happened, which was a disappointment. last week this woman called this guy an asshole while i was there, because he was trying to complain about her letting her kids run wild. The woman's husband was there too, but he stayed out of it.

I was supposed to do the wash, but I got into a fight with my boyfriend and had a good excuse not to do it.

I haven't done any today.
But I did a week's food shopping this morning.
I'm trying to cut down on loads of washing because
of the drought here, but it's difficult when
my son insists on wearing white long sleeve tshirts and shirts.
They stay clean for a very short time.:mad:

I tried to do the wash earlier, but none of the machines are working. Does this mean it's OK to buy new clothes?

of course it's ok to buy new clothes, if i had the money i'd buy new clothes every day, i absolutely hate washing clothes, just as much as i hate washing pots, you wear/use clothes/pots and the very next day it happens all over again. It's a bloody vicious cycle.........7 days of washing to do after getting back off my hols. I am so depressed not only do i have to contend with the rigours of daily life but i need to find a job to fund my next holiday to Florida, and i have two suitcases of bloody washing to do.....:(

of course it's ok to buy new clothes, if i had the money i'd buy new clothes every day, i absolutely hate washing clothes, just as much as i hate washing pots, you wear/use clothes/pots and the very next day it happens all over again. It's a bloody vicious cycle.........7 days of washing to do after getting back off my hols. I am so depressed not only do i have to contend with the rigours of daily life but i need to find a job to fund my next holiday to Florida, and i have two suitcases of bloody washing to do.....:(

hullo slum mum. coming home from holidays is crap... especially when the weather's shite. hope you had a good one, though.

i deliberately stayed up late, last night, to wait for my washing to finish, so i could hang it up. when it eventually finished, i went to bed, forgot to hang it up and didn't remember that it was still in the machine 'til i arrived at work this morning. that's book-learnin', for ya :rolleyes: .

hullo slum mum. coming home from holidays is crap... especially when the weather's shite. hope you had a good one, though.

i deliberately stayed up late, last night, to wait for my washing to finish, so i could hang it up. when it eventually finished, i went to bed, forgot to hang it up and didn't remember that it was still in the machine 'til i arrived at work this morning. that's book-learnin', for ya :rolleyes: .

hey sweetie, how's life?

Yes, i agree with you.....coming back from the hols is 'orrible....i absolutely hate it. I didn't want to come back here to this sh*thole. :( The weather was stunning in Greece, spent lazy days by the pool and drank copious amounts of alcohol in the evening.. (trust me that is not like me, honest ....:D ) So wanna go back

I shan't say a word about your little mishap...oops....i have done that so many times.

Then we might be able to make a deal. I happen to live in a part of Florida which is not actually on fire, and you can come and stay in my (non-airconditioned) spare room if you do all of my laundry. Think carefully before you respond: there's a lot, including slipcovers, drapery, all manner of kitchen towels, and my staggering wardrobe of somber yet stylish clothing. Each wash and dry cost $1.25 respectively, and I'd expect you to use only organic laundry liquid because I have very sensitive skin. Never mind the carpets, I'll find someone else to do those. It will be, after all, your holiday. :p

PS: You will have to sign a confidentiality agreement so that Nugz doesn't find out anything about me! :eek:

Then we might be able to make a deal. I happen to live in a part of Florida which is not actually on fire, and you can come and stay in my (non-airconditioned) spare room if you do all of my laundry. Think carefully before you respond: there's a lot, including slipcovers, drapery, all manner of kitchen towels, and my staggering wardrobe of somber yet stylish clothing. Each wash and dry cost $1.25 respectively, and I'd expect you to use only organic laundry liquid because I have very sensitive skin. Never mind the carpets, I'll find someone else to do those. It will be, after all, your holiday. :p

PS: You will have to sign a confidentiality agreement so that Nugz doesn't find out anything about me! :eek:

So my flight is at three i should be there in what.....12 hours and a bit...:D I shall use what you want me to use on your clothes, curtains, bedding......ok?

Where's my bloody pen? Heck, i'll sign it in blood, sweat and tears.....

Doing the wash is easy, you just shove it in the machine and it does it for you.

Its the ironing thats the serious task, ive got a pile as big as a volcano thats been sitting for 3 weeks, terrible!

Doing the wash is easy, you just shove it in the machine and it does it for you.

Its the ironing thats the serious task, ive got a pile as big as a volcano thats been sitting for 3 weeks, terrible!

Well, yes, i see what you are saying there....but in all honesty it's not the washing that's the problem really, in my house it's dryin the bloody clothes and putting them away that takes forever. I am not allowed a dryer so it's the rads for me, but he doesn't like me having the rads on so basically it's crap. A wash takes an hours but it takes days to dry them (*except for today the weather has been just right for dryin clothes, i only have one load left to dry.......oh one more thing how dare you swear at me? IRONING......*faints*:D

I've sorted it out, don't worry, What would you do without me?

hattie do you want to come an live at my house pur-lease? *Gives hattie puppy eyes*

Hubby might get upset!!!

....but, but, but....oh ok....i'll survive this mountain...

(your hubby is such a lucky man :) I hope he really appreciates you and what you do for him. It's not every wife/ girlfriend/ spouse/ partner that does that, trust me, i speak from experience:D)

Due to ganga, booze and having a life allegedly I often leave my washing in the machine over the weekend (I'm not one for the drying facility)

Although if I have new clothes I take care to ensure this doesn't occur until they've been washed at least 3 times.

I couldn't imagine washing clothes for others, unless there are soiled undies in the pile. Which I then take out and rub all over my body. (womens obviously.... although the discharge is a little disconcerting at times)

Having said that I washed the football kit once. Happy days.

I remember when we were poor and we didn't have a washing machine and my mother used to have to wash everything by hand.

Launderettes? Service wash ALL THE WAY.

i'd be quite lost.

then again, baby, everybody's lost, but they're pretending they're not ;)

(your hubby is such a lucky man :) I hope he really appreciates you and what you do for him. It's not every wife/ girlfriend/ spouse/ partner that does that, trust me, i speak from experience:D)

she enjoys it!!

but, of course, i do try to show that i'm appreciative.

Back
Top Bottom