Interlude - violin version? Tomorrow - video version?

nickm

First of all - just let me give a sincere thanks to everyone that has supplied me with answers to questions about Morrissey songs I may not have otherwise ever found the answer to. Everyone on this website has been more generous and helpful than I would have ever thought.

I am trying to compile a CD collection of virtually every non-LP Morrissey songs and versions. I have two more questions I hope somone can answer:

1) Is it true that the U.S. CD single of "Tomorrow" is the video version of the song and not the CD version? If so, what are the differences?

2) Has anyone else noticed that the version of "Interlude" on the video is different from any other versions as it is accompanied by violins? I don't know how to supply the link but I found it on Youtube by searching for "Morrissey rare". Does anyone happen to have this version in MP3 format to upload?

The Single Version is listed as being mixed by Steve Peck and clocks at 4:17 compared to the album version which is 4:05

For one thing there is no piano outro if I recall

2) Has anyone else noticed that the version of "Interlude" on the video is different from any other versions as it is accompanied by violins? I don't know how to supply the link but I found it on Youtube by searching for "Morrissey rare". Does anyone happen to have this version in MP3 format to upload?

Are you talking about the one that plays over the credits in "Introducing Morrissey"? If so, I uploaded a digitized audio copy of the entire video, including all intros and outros the other day. See http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=67051

AFAICT, though, it's just a 1-minute snippet from the instrumental version that appears on the "Interlude" CD.

No, its a full-length video. Different from the 3 versions of the song I have (Instrumental, w/ sioux, and just Morrissey). To see it, just go to Youtube and type - Morrissey Interlude - in the search field.

No, its a full-length video. Different from the 3 versions of the song I have (Instrumental, w/ sioux, and just Morrissey). To see it, just go to Youtube and type - Morrissey Interlude - in the search field.

would you mind uploading the Morrissey only version...

would love to torture my friend with it...

He loathes the song

1) Is it true that the U.S. CD single of "Tomorrow" is the video version of the song and not the CD version? If so, what are the differences?

There are 3 versions of Tomorrow officially. Aside from the album version, there is the single version which has the extended piano outro. There is also the video version that has no piano outro at the end and just ends with the guitar fade. I personally prefer the video version and it is available on the 2001 Best of Morrissey US CD.

The video version is different to both the album and single versions. Not radically different but still not exactly the same. Some videos even use an edit of the video version.

2) Has anyone else noticed that the version of "Interlude" on the video is different from any other versions as it is accompanied by violins? I don't know how to supply the link but I found it on Youtube by searching for "Morrissey rare".

That video was done by a Siouxsie fan. I don't think it's different. The transfer probably brought the violins up in the mix.

Stephane

There are 4 versions that I know of / have, 3 official ones and one unofficial. The official ones: 1) short version of Interlude with Siouxsie, 2) Interlude (extended) with Siouxsie (has a long instrumental part at the end and is more beautiful than the short version), 3) Interlude (instrumental), and there is also one unreleased - the demo with Morrissey only on vocal (also beautiful).

There are 4 versions that I know of / have, 3 official ones and one unofficial. The official ones: 1) short version of Interlude with Siouxsie, 2) Interlude (extended) with Siouxsie (has a long instrumental part at the end and is more beautiful than the short version), 3) Interlude (instrumental), and there is also one unreleased - the demo with Morrissey only on vocal (also beautiful).

Yes, and I think the one me and the other guy have been wanting is the just Morrissey demo version...

Yes, and I think the one me and the other guy have been wanting is the just Morrissey demo version...

This is available at www.smithstorrents.co.uk together with some other rarities including a totally diferent version of Why dont you find out for yourself and four more songs If you do not find it there, go to soulseek and add me as marcodbhmg and you can download it from me. Cheers.

This thread needs more attention.

I think this thread deserves more attention. I think it's the first time the majority of people here will have had the chance to hear the Vauxhall demoes. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself is a bit of an eye-opener.

Peter

Jelly Bean turf:p .

Re: This thread needs more attention.

I think this thread deserves more attention. I think it's the first time the majority of people here will have had the chance to hear the Vauxhall demoes. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself is a bit of an eye-opener.

Peter

Its a bloody brilliant post!!! WDYFOFY is very 70s new wave!!!! From a musicians point of view, it's easier to pick out the chords/Bass on SHJ and BB!!!!

OMG Morrissey singing Interlude by himself is the most gorgeous song ive heard EVER

Can someone please post this totally different version of Why dont you find out for yourself and the four other songs here PLEASE.

We would greatly appreciate it. Thank You

Back
Top Bottom