Mr Reynolds?

Godlovesugly

Vintage Member
What happened to him....?
Has he made an appearance since the forum changed?
Did anyone make the connection that it could've been morrissey...in that when you sent something to morrissey in the post you had to address it "Burt Reynolds" or was this what "Mr Reynolds" wanted us to think?
Thanks.

P.S
What exactly did Mr Reynolds contribute?

He gave us:

November the 2nd
Honey You Know Where To Find Me (with vocals)
Striptease With A Difference (higher quality, and slightly different)
Reader Meet Author (original rough take, lyrical changes, I believe...)

I have downloaded "Striptease With A Difference" here some time ago, but I'm not sure if it was the Mr. Reynolds Version. How do I know?

I also have downloaded "Oh Phoney", and I always thought it was from Mr. Reynolds as well. Is it?

Hello kind chums,

Thanks for remembering me.

No, I am not Morrissey, 'oh phoney!'

I do have an excellent version of Oh Phoney somewhere, I can't recall if I shared it with you all earlier?

I was warned off sharing any other stuff I have by Morrissey himself though, so I have been hiding in the shadow realms.

Love,

Mr Reynolds

Hello kind chums,

I do have an excellent version of Oh Phoney somewhere, I can't recall if I shared it with you all earlier?

I was warned off sharing any other stuff I have by Morrissey himself though, so I have been hiding in the shadow realms.

Love,

Mr Reynolds

It good to know you're still around, even if in the shadows.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Rezzer (sorry, couldn't resist),

Everyone appreciates the treasures you unearthed.

But I have to ask -- You say Morrissey himself warned you off (by fax?) sharing more tracks. How did he find out about the first lot? The one burning question on Morrissey-solo since the 90s is: Does Morrissey himself check out this site?

Thanks.

Hello kind chums,

Love,

Mr Reynolds

I really don't think anyone believes Morrissey doesn't know what's going on on this site do they? If he doesn't check it out himself I'm sure he has plenty of people around him who keep tabs on it. Remember, he's got a large family.

Does he also know what goes on in off-topic? :p

If I was Morrissey, I surely would keep a close eye on this board. It must be big fun to see what people are writing, the way they are speculating, trading and longing for unreleased stuff. I would even post here myself, in disguise. Hmmm ... maybe he does?

Too bad that he knows who you are, Mr. Reynolds! This way you won't be able to give us any more rarities. But I'd like to thank you again for the ones you have already given us!

why does 'mr reynolds' only have 3 posts under his belt when he should have many more considering his past posts.

why does 'mr reynolds' only have 3 posts under his belt when he should have many more considering his past posts.

I have only posted three times since the forum changed.

Hello kind chums,

Love,

Mr Reynolds

How do we know it's you?....i think you should post a lovely new rare track... (or even a clip of a rare track just to give us something to talk about) just to prove it :D

go ooooon :)

It's obvious that for a long time Morrissey has had people give him printouts (which I think Alain's ex-girlfriend did) or simply tell him what's going on here, but I was asking if he actually browses himself (with the browser's bookmark renamed to "Morrissey So-Low," of course).

He sung a few bars of My Way (captured on Who Put...) very soon after a post (on the defunct morrisseymusic.com board) I made saying he was the rightful heir and should sing it live rather than just play it over the PA.

Then, it was announced he was working with Morricone a few months after I mentioned he had to work with Morricone.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=47407&highlight=Morricone

Right, I'm either ready to be his manager, or ready for the asylum...

thanks for what you gave man. If you need someone to be a middle-man to slip these things out lemme know, cos' I'll risk it for a biscuit
Yes, I have a feeling the long arm of the law (or Morrissey) won't get you in Macedonia ;) .
As for the question of does he visit here or not, for any other celeb I would say maybe once every few months, especially when something new comes out, a tour etc. However, we're dealing with a man who, when travelling the world, takes the time to look at his own albums in stores to see if they spelled the songs correctly(see letter at TTY). So I'd wager he (or more likely someone on his behalf) takes a look more often. Probably in the General Discussion and Marketplace sections, but not the Off Topic section (chica and Sir Alec, you're safe :D ).

Back
Top Bottom