Is it okay for Veterinarians to eat animals?

D

Dave

I would think that a caring veterinarian would be a vegetarian. How could you compartmentalize your thinking that way, to work to save one animal and then go home and eat another one that had been cruelly slaughtered for profit?

I would think that a caring veterinarian would be a vegetarian. How could you compartmentalize your thinking that way, to work to save one animal and then go home and eat another one that had been cruelly slaughtered for profit?

On the other hand, a veterinarian, being a man or woman of science, understands basic processes of nature like animals eating animals and may not sentimentalize what passes without comment out in the great wide world. Just like on TV; he can sit before his steak and say, "Dinner. Sponsored by Mutual of Omaha". :rolleyes:

By the same reasoning, is it ok for abortion providers to have children?

What if you were a podiatrist with a foot fetish? And I'm not even talking about controlling yourself around purty feet-- what about the nasty ones? You'd be stepping on your own libido day in and day out, no pun intended.

Interesting question....I wonder what percentage of Vets are vegetarians, and how that number compares to the total population?

For the person who says that it goes back to domesticated animals vs food sources, where does the large animal Vet come in? He/she's gotta save the cow or pig one day, but fry it up the next.

Your question is the conundrum of the day Dave.

God, quit the goddamn fuss around vegetarians and meat eaters!

Why is that a conundrum? You can't eat sick cows. I call that an investment in your culinary future. :)

I think the conundrum is why do animal doctors eat animals?

But yeah, you've got a good point about culinary future.
Speaking of which, I'm getting hungry.

It is a baffling question.

It's a mystery how a mortuary technician etc or whatever they are called can go home and eat steak and kidney pie.

It's a mystery that Bill Oddie can eat chickens and ducks!:eek:

It's a mystery to me how anyone can eat any creature. Most of life is a mystery to me to be honest.

It's a mystery why Bono can't take his shades off and stop being a pretentious arse that does a lot for world peace, it has baffled me for years :rolleyes:

I think the conundrum is why do animal doctors eat animals?

But yeah, you've got a good point about culinary future.
Speaking of which, I'm getting hungry.

No, I know. I'm talking about animal doctors eating animals too. Don't you think it's common sense to save what you're going to use later?

Of course, Dave says a caring vet. In which case, okay, he'd be a vegetarian. Them's nice types. As opposed to the other kind. The sick kind. The carnivorous kind.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. Your chicken died in surgery."

"Again? Doc, that's the third one that's died this month."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Well, just give me the body then."

"I had to, uh-- I had to confiscate it. Safety hazard."

"Is that barbeque sauce on your chin? What's that...odor? Cooking oil?"

"Come back soon now, you hear?"

No, I know. I'm talking about animal doctors eating animals too. Don't you think it's common sense to save what you're going to use later?

Of course, Dave says a caring vet. In which case, okay, he'd be a vegetarian. Them's nice types. As opposed to the other kind. The sick kind. The carnivorous kind.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. Your chicken died in surgery."

"Again? Doc, that's the third one that's died this month."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Well, just give me the body then."

"I had to, uh-- I had to confiscate it. Safety hazard."

"Is that barbeque sauce on your chin? What's that...odor? Cooking oil?"

"Come back soon now, you hear?"

:laughing:

That laughing guy pretty much expresses my sentiment.
That's great...sad, but great.

I'll bet they have a meat freezer full of exotic treats. I always wondered what Gerbil Jerkey tasted like. How about a little Fried Ferret?

I would think that anyone who claims to care about animals at all would be a vegetarian. Anyone who claims to like animals (or worse yet, love them) and then eats meat, is a complete hypocrite.

I don't understand how a veterinarian could eat meat, no more than I understand how a pediatrician could go home and beat children and see nothing wrong with it.

None of the vets I've worked for have been vegetarians. The first one I worked for didn't even have a pet.

Back
Top Bottom