"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" single released (UK - Feb. 9, 2009)
posted by davidt on Monday February 09 2009, @01:00AM

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is out now in the UK.

--- Buy at Amazon UK

Morrissey-solo Login
Nickname:

Password:

Public Terminal

[ Create a new account ]

Related Links
· "Paris" inner sleeve - Morrissey not solo, (almost) naked
· "Paris" up on US iTunes
· Second sleeve for "I'm Throwing my Arms Around Paris"
· "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" video exclusive on Channel 4 tonight; newsletter update
· "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" video UK premiere (Jan. 10)
· MLK poster by MBW info - featured on "I'm Throwing..." sleeve
· "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" exclusive first play on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show (Mon. Dec. 22)
· "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" single sleeve on "Last Gas Station" blog - genuine?
· "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" single, video and Years of Refusal DVD details
· Buy at Amazon UK
· More Release Info stories
· More Release Info stories
· Also by davidt

* [ Add a comment to this item ]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" single released (UK - Feb. 9, 2009) | Log in/Create an Account | Top | 53 comments | Search Discussion
Threshold:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
first!!! (Score:0, Troll)
...sorry, just had to...

curious about the new b-sides. not on itunes yet though (around these parts, anyway).
mywar -- Monday February 09 2009, @02:40AM (#320622)
(User #16603 Info)
[ Reply to this comment ]
  • Re:first!!! by mywar (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @03:15PM
    • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.
    u.s. release? (Score:0)
    will there be a single cd u.s. release of this?
    Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @04:21AM (#320626)
      Paris is his ... (Score:0)
      worst single to date.

It will fail miserably. It's Morrissey at his most repetitive. Poor lyrics, poor tune.

What a shame.
      Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @04:41AM (#320627)
      Damn (Score:0)
      I totally forgot it was today. Know a place that usually sells them but I'm no longer in town. I'm gonna buy it but curious to hear the b-sides. Any kind souls wanna put it on youtube and let us hear it? Would be much appreciated!!!!!
      Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @05:55AM (#320633)
        itunes... pants (Score:1)
        How crap is it that there is no paris bside???

why is this???

I was just lucky enough to grab one of the few copies in HMV Hull on din dins break.
        unklejunior -- Monday February 09 2009, @06:10AM (#320635)
        (User #21417 Info)
          B-sides (Score:2, Informative)
          Those b-sides: you're not missing much...

Because Of My Poor Education
          Forgettable piano ballad, could almost be Elton John. Morrissey rhymes "education" with "situation" and seems to be about the fact he cannot find love because he doesn't have a BA Hons.

Shame Is The Name
          Average Alain Whyte rock tune that sounds like something that would be thrown off Maladjusted. Roy's Keen-ish. The words are fairly daft, just Morrissey attacking young teenagers who like getting pissed and politicians. "Shame makes the world go round" he says.

Death Of A Disco Dancer (Live)
          Imagine the Smiths Strangeways version as played on comb and paper, by the Tygers Of Pan Tang. Bob's yer uncle!
          Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @06:20AM (#320637)
          • Re:B-sides by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday February 09 2009, @06:25AM
            • Re:B-sides by unklejunior (Score:1) Monday February 09 2009, @07:03AM
              • Re:B-sides by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday February 09 2009, @07:07AM
            • Tygers by methadone (Score:1) Tuesday February 10 2009, @03:51PM
              itmaap (Score:0)
              Okay b-sides...nothing special. Shame is the best track. Education is an uninspired offering.
              Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @07:26AM (#320642)
                Great Cover! (Score:0)
                This is one of the best covers he has put out in years- should be the album cover!

thetexasbloke
                Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @10:25AM (#320650)
                  recordstore.co.uk to US (Score:0)
                  Has anyone from the US that ordered the bundle from recordstore.co.uk received confirmation that their order has shipped? They're normally pretty good about that but I haven't received a notice yet. I placed by my order back in mid-Jan. Just curious. Thanks.
                  Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @10:48AM (#320653)
                  hmmmm a new single (Score:0)
                  howdy, I just wanted to say fuck you the people who gave me shit about buying extra copies of the last Moz single!

I think that it helps because stores notice that they sell and distributors and whatnot.

Also, some of you complained because I was American! Well, I work about 90 hours per week and make a decent living and I'll do whatever the fuck I want to with my money!
                  Anonymous -- Monday February 09 2009, @04:24PM (#320672)
                  Lackluster effort (Score:0)
                  I am a big Morrissey fan, but this new single is a lackluster effort.

"Paris" will not go down in musical history as one the great Morrissey singles. It simply is not a great song. In the good old days he wouldn't have released it as a b-side.

The b-sides from "Paris" sound uninspired at best. They sound like they were written and recorded on monday morning. Normally a mediocre Morrissey single is accompanied by brilliant b-sides. This not the case with "Paris."

The whole package sounds dull and uninspired. It truly is a lackluster effort.

You may now hunt me down and lynch me.
                  Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @02:48AM (#320695)
                  US Release? (Score:0)
                  Will either of the CD or the 7-Inch be released in the US?

I was really excited to be able to go to a record store and buy them, but they don't even seem to be on Amazon US...
                  Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @05:47AM (#320700)
                  • Re:US Release? by robiskeen (Score:1) Tuesday February 10 2009, @06:28AM
                    • Re:US Release? by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @06:54AM
                      • Re:US Release? by Anaesthesine (Score:1) Tuesday February 10 2009, @08:46AM
                        • Re:US Release? by robiskeen (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @10:28AM
                          • Re:US Release? by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @03:17PM
                      • Re:US Release? by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @05:51PM
                        record-store UK problems? (Score:0)
                        i see that some people in the US are still waiting on delivery,but is anyone in the UK yet to receive their bundle? i placed my order on feb the 2nd and haven't even had a confirmation of shipping email?
                        Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @08:17AM (#320710)
                        3rd Single (Score:0)
                        Im throwing my arms is not the first single on the album it is the 3rd single. Thats how people grow up and All you need is me were the first two singles. Didn't anyone by them? Or remember them coming out? Paris is a beautiful song but I feel that "It's not your birthday anymore" should of been the first single or a single. Best song Morrissey has ever done, and I cant wait to here it live.
                        Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @09:16AM (#320713)
                        • Re:3rd Single by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday February 10 2009, @05:18PM
                          Is It Just Me...... (Score:0)
                          .....or does the start of Shame Is The Name not sound like Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Which, I'm sure you'll agree, is not a compliment
                          Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @11:00AM (#320718)
                          You can find them in Moz Angeles (Score:0)
                          of course every mozophile in Moz Angeles already knows this but Amoeba has all three versions of the single (7", CD1 & CD2) on their shelves as of today. But hurry quanities are limited!
                          Anonymous -- Tuesday February 10 2009, @05:25PM (#320743)
                            b-sides (Score:1)
                            It's interesting to see that the 2 b-sides are so weak that almost everybody is too tired to even comment on them.It's such a pity because I consider C.Hynde as one of the most beautiful voice in the whole pop history.And, as someone said previously, 'because of my poor education' sounds like E.John.I hope for the next b-sides we'll have songs as unexpected as 'never played symphonie' or 'the slum mums'.
                            Nonetheless, I have only heard YOR once (I had decided not to spoil the good old feeling of waiting one's love on the platform and being so excited when at last the train arrives), but I remember thinking it was his best since Vauxhall.
                            stab in the back -- Wednesday February 11 2009, @04:45AM (#320762)
                            (User #21275 Info)
                            • Re:b-sides by Anaesthesine (Score:1) Wednesday February 11 2009, @08:34AM
                              • Re:b-sides by stab in the back (Score:1) Wednesday February 11 2009, @11:07AM
                                • Re:b-sides by Anaesthesine (Score:1) Wednesday February 11 2009, @07:32PM
                              HMV online order (Score:1)
                              I ordered the 7" last Monday and had the 'dispatched' email on thursday but there is no 7" in my hand yet. Sadtimes. Has anyone else ordered it from HMV.com?
                              bbkf -- Wednesday February 11 2009, @08:26AM (#320776)
                              (User #21959 Info)

[ home | rss ]