Main
Smiths documentary on BBC2 coming up?
Posted on Thu, Jan 14 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
I got this back on the 2nd, anyone know exactly when The Smiths documentary is going to air? From Claude:

Select, the UK based magazine features some lines about the BBC2 new programme titled "Young Guns Go For It".

The programme, started on Friday the 1st of January, and there every Friday, is a sort of documentary about the 80s British pop music.

Select announces (page 98)
:

"...the programme is followed in consecutive weeks by the protracted life stories of Bananarama, The Human League, and finally, perhaps the greatest band of the 80s, The Smiths. At the time of going to press only Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke were confirmed to bare all on camera (Morrissey and Marr probably can't raise the bus fare after their heavy losses in court). But no matter - a decent Smiths bio-doc hasn't been since 'The South Bank Show' a decade ago. So ignore the pub bores and get your decent nostalgia kicks while you can..."

Comments / Notes

The "Young Guns..." documentary is on next Friday (Jan 22nd) at 11.15pm (30mins) & according to the Radio Times it has interviews with Marr, Joyce & Rourke.
Mark Agar <[email protected]>
UK - Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 03:14:08 (PST)

Any Fan's out from the UK willing to share any of these videos. I am able to convert to different video standards. I am also willing to trade.
Bob Vieira <[email protected]>
Costal Town - Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 05:09:48 (PST)