Main
Santa Barbara gig (5 songs) in MP3 at "Frankly Vulgar"
Posted on Wed, Oct 27 1999 at 9:18 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Marco Dias:

"Frankly Vulgar" has already 5 songs of the Santa Barbara Show (October 6th). The quality is not good, but for the ones who didn't have the chance to be there or at any other show (me included) this is as good as it gets...

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

Sorry, but if anybody ever wanted to hear the "music" Morrissey played (and even his voice) instead of overtuned "noise": forget about these tracks! The so-called "B+/- audience recording" is nothing like that...
by the way: what might be "C- recording" in your mind? I actually hope not to hear a sound like that in my life.

cHeRgO <[email protected]>
- Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 16:40:00 (PDT) | #1

the sound was already crappy at that show, anyway. it's funny: b/b- recording. i am still laughing with you. keep those jokes coming.

electricvan <[email protected]>
long beach, ca - Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 16:45:42 (PDT) | #2

You need to quit your whining, and appreciate the efforts of Torr and Evan to even put these MP3's up. Even though I wasn't at Santa Barbara, I was at Tempe and at Coachella, and it's really nice to relive just a bit of those great experiences. So don't be bitter because u didn't see any shows, and until u put up something better, than shut your cakehole. Torr, Evan, thank u very much for the MP3's, we really appreciate them, keep 'em coming.

VIVA MOZ!

Sal <BoyRacer1976>
Tucson - Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 21:26:12 (PDT) | #3

Dear Everyone,

The site is temporarily closed until further notice.

Please accept my apologies and e-mail me if you have any questions.

E. Salomon <[email protected]>
Frankly Vulgar - MP3 Archive - Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 00:57:45 (PDT) | #4

Had a feeling that might happen . . . oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

David T (a different one)
- Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 02:39:47 (PDT) | #5

Bastards!
Management idiots…

In the past, I've refereed a few people to that site and they went on to buy morrissey merchandise from whatever source. It was an excellent site to introduce others to Morrissey's style of music. NOTHING distributed by that site is of concern to morrissey's management profit their seeking interests, except perhaps the b-sides (yet most are out of print). But, bootlegs are gonna be distributed regardless and none of those of those profits will reach morrissey, his previous labels nor management. So why would they make such a drastic decision?!?

Obviously, they frequent this site because the whole thing started with this post. So please reconsider…

rob <[email protected]>
- Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 16:15:36 (PDT) | #6

Do you know that "management" is why the site has closed down - I assumed that college authorities might have suddenly got a lot of hits and taken a peek, and decided for themselves.

Anyhow, although in straightforward intellectual property terms, the stuff on the F.V. site belonged to somebody else, in marketing terms it was an absolute boon to the Moz industry - especially considering he is an act who tends to attract, erm, slightly sad obsessives (and I count myself among them!), whose obsession is fed by the FV stuff. It seems foolish to start shutting down free advertising.

Anyhow perhaps we should make a little bit of fuss about this - nobody reads threads in news which is a week old . . .

Whatever the case, we might

David T (a different one)
- Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 02:47:36 (PDT) | #7

I think F.V was an AMAZING site. (Thanks very much EVAN!) I have 99% of Morrissey's 'official' releases. It's a shame that Moz's fans are not allowed the privillage (and pleasure!) of hearing his past live performances without having to cough up "bootleg" $$$ to pirate labels or traders. Bitter irony - illegal profit is better than no profit. :(

Such is life!?!

Toni A. <[email protected]>
- Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 14:05:28 (PDT) | #8

* return to Morrissey-solo