Main
Morrissey article in MOJO (Oct.)
Posted on Wed, Sep 15 1999 at 9:22 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Bruce Duff:

I have updated the web-site tonight with a few adjustments/updates to the tour schedule (UK). There is also an article in MOJO (October) about the new Morrissey regime which is pretty good.

Excerpt:

Elliot Roberts, who hasn't had much luck delivering Catatonia to the Americans is full of enthusiasm for his latest charge, quoted as saying, 'Next year is gonna be a big year for Morrissey. He's been very creative, he's been writing loads of new songs, there's gonna be a lot happening'.

Read Bruce's full summary of the MOJO article at his site, A Chance To Shine.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

HALLELUAH!!! Now I have something to cling to... "The next year is going to be a big year for Moz"... "He has loads of new creative stuff".... Thank heavens! I cannot wait.

Half a person
- Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 11:37:58 (PDT) | #1

Morrissey is a genius.

Javier
Los Angeles - Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 15:12:07 (PDT) | #2

I found that reading the article against a background of naked Morrisseys very distracting. I can't remember anything that was written.

I thought that Catatonia was being managed by Geoff Travis....?

Suzanne
electric boogaloo - Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 16:16:01 (PDT) | #3

GOD BLESS MORRISSEY! This is a great time to be a Moz fan. My faith in him is still devout. Oh, the love, the love, the love ... And isn't he on the cover of the NME or something? my hero, my hero, my hero!

the singing defective
- Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 20:16:10 (PDT) | #4

Talk about having your cake but wanting to eat it, too! I'm thrilled that Gary Day is back, but gutted that Jonny is apparently out on his ear!

Let's not even get on the subject of wronged little Spencer.

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie
- Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 21:00:41 (PDT) | #5

> I thought that Catatonia was being managed by
> Geoff Travis....?

Elliot Roberts has formed a record label with Neil Young called Vapor Records. Catatonia is signed with Vapor.

slug <[email protected]>
nyc - Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 09:02:00 (PDT) | #6

I'm getting ready to read the article now. That is so killer that Moz has a whole lotta songs already written. That means we should get a great album soon. Is anyone getting pounded by Hurricane Floyd?? My mom's bro lives in North Carolina and he said it is raining like crazy.. Go Floyd Go..........OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Warren
Chespaw - Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 09:44:43 (PDT) | #7

Does Morrissey still do his 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' dance at concerts? If so, I'm there.

Paul Nightingale <[email protected]>
Channel Islands - Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 08:04:53 (PDT) | #8

I'm glad to see Morrissey back...but seriously, he really needs to get a new band. I am SOOOOO tired of this rock-a-billy thing... it isn't working!!! I loved the Smiths because of Morrissey's haunting voice AND the beautiful music...sadly, Morrissey's voice and words are not enough anymore...I want music that makes me want to listen to Morrissey with my eyes closed and my head swaying back and forth... Does anyone agree with me?

Craig
- Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 22:13:28 (PDT) | #9

Yup.

Paul Nightingale <[email protected]>
Channel Islands - Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 02:05:47 (PDT) | #10

very true craig that mello tune is the best.

homer
- Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 14:36:18 (PDT) | #11

I approve of catatonia! Who else is on the label?

Suzanne
in a galaxy with cotton underwear - Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 19:11:18 (PDT) | #12

* return to Morrissey-solo