Main
Tour details - Irish dates update
Posted on Thu, Sep 9 1999 at 8:44 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
Some of the Irish dates have changed:
  • Derry (Rialto) - Nov. 24 and Belfast (Ulster Hall) - Nov. 25, not the other way around as previously listed.
  • New date: Galway - Nov. 27
  • Cork - Nov. 30 - not Nov. 27 as previously listed.

Sorry about the mixup - it's probably a good idea to confirm any of these dates before making travel plans. At least now we can tell  who's been copying from the site without giving credit... here's a link (from Gert) to an article that just appeared at NME.com about the tour dates (they have the old uncorrected Irish dates), "November Spawned A Mozza" (Sep. 9).

Some info on other gigs-

From Travesti:

We've talked to La Iguana, the promoters in Spain, and YES, Morrissey will be playing in Barcelona (Zeleste) and Madrid (LaRiviera). Tickets on sale next week.

From Johan Stubbe Østergaard:

I spoke to the manager of Sex-Beat Records in Copenhagen, and he confirmed the Moz show in the Grey Hall on the 24th - tickets will be on sale Monday the 14th September at 10 o'clock through BilletNet. The tickets are exorbitantly expensive IMO, 315 Dkr which is roughly equal to 50 USD.

The Grey Hall can hold about 1600 people.

Hope to see a lot of people there anyway.

From Marc Duquet:

The Oct. 22 show in Tilburg, Netherlands is confirmed. Tickets will go on sale on Sat. Sept. 11. You shall be able to order tickets via this link.

From Mark Smith:

I spoke to the Barrowlands in Glasgow, Scotland, and they said Morrissey WOULD be appearing there "round about" December 5. They said the date would be confirmed over the next two days.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

The Rialto gig has been confirmed (well I've got front row tickets anyway, so it better have been) So far they can only be bought directly from the venue (sorry, I don't have the number) and cost £17.50 plus a booking fee. As yet I've been unable to get the belfast gig confirmed, but I'm fairly hopeful as you wouldn't play Derry without going to Belfast as well (anyone who knows Ireland could testify to that!)
See ya there

somebody here <[email protected]>
Derry - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 09:05:22 (PDT) | #1

I can´t believe it !!!
Finally, he shalll play here !!

Moz, ETS GRAN !!!

Jordiet <[email protected]>
Barcelona - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 13:00:32 (PDT) | #2

a big FucC you to the NME for not thanking David for his hard work.
Come on everybody!
fucC nme
fucC nme

BURN NME
- Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 06:29:49 (PDT) | #3

I know we are not supposed to ask but I still do wonder where David does get he's info from...
David, you do a great job regardless!

jeane
- Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 06:44:23 (PDT) | #4

Has the Limerick date for the 28th been confirmed?

Bob <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:00:56 (PDT) | #5

* return to Morrissey-solo