Main
"Ignore Me" in R.E.M. pre-set music
Posted on Thu, Sep 9 1999 at 8:39 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From VivaMoz:

I just went to the R.E.M. show on Jones Beach, Long island. Right before the concert started in the pre-set music "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" came on. I was shocked, and as the song ended the show started. It made the R.E.M. show that much better for me.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

I just wanted to add... I was at the R.E.M. show in Saratoga yesterday, and before "The More You Ignore Me...", they also played "How Soon Is Now?" , and I too found it quite a treat.

Levenia <[email protected]>
NJ - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 14:00:47 (PDT) | #1

I WENT TO THE HOLMDEL, N.J. SHOW AND THEY DID NOT PLAY A SINGLE SOLITARY SMITHS/MORRISSEY SONG BEFORE OR AFTER. OH WELL.......THE SHOW WAS FANTASTIC THOUGH!

FLESH RAMPAGE
n.j. - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 15:23:30 (PDT) | #2

I attended the REM show in Camden, NJ (Philadelphia) and they did play "The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get" before the show.

Ginz <[email protected]>
- Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 20:18:30 (PDT) | #3

I WAS AT THE REM SHOW IN LA AT THE GREEK THEATRE AND THEY DIDNT PLAY A SMITH/MOZ SONG BUT THEY DID PLAY SUEDE, AND JAMES "SIT DOWN"

POOR FREEZING COLD SOUL
LOS ANGELES - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 21:25:10 (PDT) | #4

I went to a Starbucks to get a frappaccino this lunchtime, and they were playing "Hold on to your Friends"

David Toube
- Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:14:56 (PDT) | #5

just as i turned on the radio today, the dj played 'Panic'. i mean, what are the odds, 1000-1,10000-1, maybe a million to 1. quite staggering. makes you think.

the draize train
- Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:49:02 (PDT) | #6

Draize Train:

I have had that happen too many times for me to believe that it's just a coincidence. I mean, there are billions of radio waves transmitted all over this planet. If a crude 5 dollar radio can pick them up and translate them into something meaninful, then why not our complex cerebral cortices? just a thought.
: )

Alainsane <[email protected]>
AZ - Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 16:57:39 (PDT) | #7

I still can't believe "How Soon Is Now" is in that car commercial!

Hrawkqoierd <[email protected]>
NJ - Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 21:08:15 (PDT) | #8

On the REM's concert in Lisbon, which was the first of this tour and featured Suede as support act, "This Charming Man" was on before the band started playing. I was utterly surprised!

Helena Figueiredo
LISBON, PORTUGAL - Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 04:31:15 (PDT) | #9

* return to Morrissey-solo