Main
Elvis auction in Las Vegas (Oct. 8 - 10)
Posted on Fri, Sep 3 1999 at 1:54 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Lush:
...the CNN site has stated that there will be an Elvis Auction Oct.8-10 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. "The Presley Sale handled by Guernsey's will encompass more than 2000 never before displayed items from the vaults of Graceland."

Seeing as many of us who frequent Moz-solo are going to the Vegas show [Oct. 7], I thought this would be an interesting bit of info.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

elvis was heavily influenced by moz's early work.
viva las vagas!! viva moz

the draise train
- Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 03:47:43 (PDT) | #1

These are reportedly items that have never been viewed by the public and have been sitting in a vault (aside from the white Lincoln). Things like his briefcase with the same contents it had the day he died, his Army footlocker, etc. I might be surprised if Morrissey didn't show up himself to take a trinket or two.

Sheridan Whiteside
- Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 09:04:06 (PDT) | #2

Ha Ha good one draise train.:) Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Morrissey did in fact show up seeing as the MGM Grand is just across the street from the hotel he's performing at. Even if he's not there, I'm sure Boz, Gary, or Alain would take a peek.

Maybe a future poll question ought to be "Are you also an Elvis Fan?" I have actually met a few Morrissey fans who claim to be fans of the King as well.

Jose Maldonado <[email protected]>
Pasadena CA - Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 10:28:07 (PDT) | #3

I love Elvis! Maybe we'll see Morrissey and El Vez at the auction together!

shelley <[email protected]>
Lost Angeles - Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 12:30:11 (PDT) | #4

The auction is actually for El Vez. Who is this Presley fellow whose name i have been hearing about?

Frankie Shankly(not Frank) <[email protected]>
Southern California - Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 16:13:30 (PDT) | #5

Um...I'm quite well known for completely missing the subtleties in one's humour, but here goes...

A message for the person called "Draise [sic] Train":

Elvis was influenced by Morrissey? Hm? Shouldn't this be the other way around? For one to be influenced by someone else's work while being six feet under for 22 years is far beyond me...

Tara <[email protected]>
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 00:59:24 (PDT) | #6

As an aside, by far the best version of Rusholme Ruffians is the Elvis inspired Maries the Name version.
For sure Moz will be there, putting in a big bid on Elvis's part used tube of Brylcreem found at his bedside on that final day.
Hi Frankie Hows it going.

Frank Shankly (not Frankie)
- Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 02:23:43 (PDT) | #7

Uh Hellooooooooooo, Is this an Elvis site?
What does an Elvis auction in LV have to do with
Moz? " Ive got the 21st century breathing down my neck." I'm Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warren
Chespaw - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 07:46:06 (PDT) | #8

D.Train,
:-))))))))).
Tara,
THINK about it again.
Warren,
you have nothing breathing down your neck but an hazy shade of winter. maybe something breathing THROUGH your head...

close to danger
hell - Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 09:17:34 (PDT) | #9

Uh, sorry to dismay you 'Close to Danger' but I was breathing down Warren's neck the other day in Chem. lab.

Delia
- Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 11:12:11 (PDT) | #10

Delia,

he must smell funny i guess, but i really dont wanna know at all.

had a dry cleaning afterwards?

close to danger
hell - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 02:13:43 (PDT) | #11

I love Elvis! I grew up listening to him as my dad is a fan. Unfortunately dad is not too crazy about MOZ...

Annette <[email protected]>
- Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 11:04:24 (PDT) | #12

* return to Morrissey-solo