Main
Smiths in politics
Posted on Thu, Feb 25 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Dionne Jimenez:

...I work for the House of Representatives and I read these news bits from "Hotline", a service from National Journal. I thought these might be of interest to some of the other politicos out there. The titles over the past few weeks have been linked to the Smiths songs so you can listen to them over the web.

SMITH: Cemetry Gates
Under the header "Smith muddies the GOP's field," Boston Globe's Shribman writes, that because Bob Smith "has almost no chance" of winning WH 2000, for GOPers, he "will be the most dangerous man alive."...

SMITH: Bigmouth Strikes Again?
Bob Smith, speaking in Des Moines 2/19, "predicted twin victories" in IA and NH: "We're going to win here in Iowa and we're going to win in New Hampshire. I've never got in any race or endeavor to do anything that I didn't  think I could win" (Cousineau, Manchester Union Leader, 2/20)...

SMITH: Please, Let Me Get What I Want
Bob Smith officially announced his candidacy for the GOP WH 2000 nomination 2/18. WMUR-TV's  (Manchester) North reports, "Two teens asked Bob Smith to come  home to make this announcement. Flanked by some of his most public supporters, including his family,  teachers, and fellow veterans, Senator Bob Smith took his first step on the primary 2000 campaign trail. ...

TV People Say, What Difference Does It Make?
Manchester Union Leader Editor-in-Chief Joe McQuaid: "I don't know if he'll make it out of Iowa to come back home to New Hampshire ...

Want To Know His Views? Ask
In an interview with CNN's Shaw, Smith said why he wants to be president: "A lot of reasons. I'm concerned with my country, I certainly have the background. ...

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
A homeowner in Clifton, NJ, "probably hadn't heard of Bob Smith -- until the phone started ringing off the hook. Her toll-free phone line, which rings in a private residence, is similar to the phone number Smith's presidential campaign is using." ...

Comments / Notes

that's funny those journalists were probably
smiths fans when they were getting their degrees or something. I would hate journalists that lie.

Steven Quinn <[email protected]> (206-18-112-86.la.inreach.net)
- Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 13:05:24 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo