Main
Morrissey video on 120 Minutes (really)
Posted on Mon, Feb 22 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
Thanks to Luke Bagwell, first to let me know MTV actually played a Morrissey video 120 Minutes yesterday. Also, from Jen:

...It was "The Last of the Famous International Playboys." Funny thing is, I've been e-mailing 120 Min messages about how upset I was when they didn't play a Moz vid two weeks ago, as was promised. Each time I mailed them I asked for the "Last of..." vid to be played and my wish was granted (or so I'd like to think)!

Comments / Notes

Good for you. It's nice to see flamboant acts on the show now, like it used to be. With all the "Buzz Clips" and supposed new trend of alternative music slapping the air wavers, it's nice to see Moz creep up and steal the show. Magnificent!
J.J. Harrier <[email protected]> (muon.spectrumwireless.net)
- Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 12:20:07 (PST)

I can't believe they played it. After I wrote them a nasty letter about how they screwed up, They e-mailed me that they were "maybe" going to play Last of The Famous Int'l Playboys, but I decided not to believe them, so I missed it. But I'm happy for the people who got to see it.
mozmiths <[email protected]> (spider-wj041.proxy.aol.com)
- Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 14:33:22 (PST)

Last week i was watching M2 (the other MTV channel) and they played "We hate it when our friend become successful" and then a Smiths video, the one in which Moz is wearing an Elvis T-shirt and they pretend to be playing. At least somebody has a clue in that organization.
Marvin (200.41.5.18.impsat.net)
- Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 17:06:16 (PST)

Well good for you all who got to see it! I wish I was in your shoes... I, of course missed the video. I don't think I would have stayed up that late again anyway just to be disappointed again. Oh well, maybe one of these days I will catch it. What I am upset about is that I wrote them quite a few letters about it, and no response. They could have at least sent an email just saying "hey, were going to play the vid you requested or wanted to see." Geez, how long does that take? Does MTV care about its viewers? I think not!
Mark D Sempek <[email protected]> (spider-tj043.proxy.aol.com)
USA - Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 23:34:17 (PST)

That was so totally unbelieavable and so incredibly liberating. Finally a Morrissey video on MTV, period. Not to mention, one of personal Moz-solo faves; one of his truly feel-good hits. I had this intuitive feeling prior to the video that something really wonderful was about to happen. I was thouroughly satisfied and then some. It reminded me of those glorious days when I often caught Moz videos from the "Your Arsenal" album on MTV. Perhaps there's hope for them yet....(though, I doubt it.) If your relentless pursuit of e-mails caused it, God bless you son!!
irksome-ivan <[email protected]> (128.163.17.208)
- Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 09:08:09 (PST)

I don't know about the rest of you....but I have all the videos on tape. Why bug the hell out of CrapTV when youc an own it and watch it over and over again?? I bought my Smiths and Morrissey tapes (no bootlegs) when they first came out, but I think they're all still available. Aren't they?? Anyway..what the hell do I know?
Morris C. <[email protected]> (129.228.72.164)
Off to Cancun - Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 10:36:26 (PST)

I Just Happened TO BE Watching 120min FOr THe FIrst TIme And FInnaly GO to See a MoZ ..video FOr MY first time...SInce Im a YOung FAn... Of course I taped IT since they will probably never play one again!!!
MsMozCHK (spider-wg043.proxy.aol.com)
cali - Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 11:37:56 (PST)

i was flipping throught the channels that night, and i was so excited to see that. the last moz video i saw was the more you ignore me... how many years ago was that?! well if anyone is interested in seeing more videos and you live in nj pa area, they sell a tape with about 10 videos on it for $20 in new hope, pa.
jill pignatello (spider-wm061.proxy.aol.com)
- Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 21:35:51 (PST)

I didn't see MOZ'S vid on Mtv. oh well I might get lucky 1 of these days. They just need to keep playing MOZ more often. IF THERE ARE ANY CURE FANS IN HERE YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT 120 MINUTES THIS SUNDAY THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE GOING TO PLAYING A VIDEO OF THEM. (OR MAYBE NOT)????
shaye <[email protected]> (client-151-201-27-121.brads.net)
midland PA - Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 11:57:08 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo