Main
Fatboy Slim
Posted on Tue, Feb 16 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From bardsley:

Guardian UK - Fatboy Slim interview - he said everybody gets depressed, either you get over it or you become a Morrissey fan...

Comments / Notes

Pretty boring comment.
Shannon <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 09:55:38 (PST)

Typical comment of someone who has the brain between the legs.
Caleb Trask <[email protected]>
Buenos Aires, Argentina - Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 11:29:10 (PST)

HEY CALEB....TYPICAL COMMENT FROM SOMEONE WHO TAKES BEING A MORRISSEY FAN WAY TO FAR!!!!!!!
pogue <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 12:26:46 (PST)

I agree with pogue, although i still cant figure out why i've gotten over it, but still am a Morrissey fan.
Acquiesce
US - Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 12:44:01 (PST)

What does being depressed and having your brains between your legs have to do with eachother?? Now if it had to do with sex I could understand.Maybe I missed the boat? Im still depressed and a Morrissey fan..
MLL
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 14:27:44 (PST)

@#!!! THAT @#!!!ING FATBOY!!!!!!! THAT IS A STUPID ASS COMMENT FROM A PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!!!
MOZZER
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 16:52:08 (PST)

Does any of this really matter?

Love / Gustaf

Gustaf <[email protected]>
Sweden - Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 18:24:32 (PST)

whatever norman cook..he's such trend slut..first when smiths type jangly bands were big in England he was in the house martins..then when rave scene was big he was in beats international..now that "ELECTRONICA" is big hes fat boy slim...
roberto <[email protected]>
chgo - Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 19:52:02 (PST)

THANKS MLL FOR POINTING THAT USELESS INFORMATION OUT FOR US......GEE, WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT THERE IS A "DEPRESSED" MORRISSEY FAN.....SOMEONE WHO HAS TO POINT OUT THEIR DEPRESSION NONE THE LESS...
PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE ARSE CRACK OF WEB PAGES SUCH AS THIS ONE...PERHAPS THE WORLD EVEN

pogue <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 20:55:50 (PST)

If you're going to try to post a witty comment Caleb...at least pick a verse that fits the subject...that makes no sense whatsoever
Nate <[email protected]> (spider-to062.proxy.aol.com)
- Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 00:45:54 (PST)

We'll see who's laughing in ten years time when Fatboy Slims 'songs' seem like dated cheesy and empty keyboard crap, whilst people still remember The Smiths as one of the most influential bands ever.
It's kind of like the special effects on 'Flight of the Navigator' - everyone raved on about how good they were at the time but they are totally unconvincing nowadays.

Paul Nightingale <[email protected]> (195.226.131.16)
Channel Islands - Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 02:48:03 (PST)

I agree with gustaf....does any of this REALLY matter?! either you like morrissey or you don't, either you are depressed or you are not. Personally, I love what Prozac has done for me, but I still admire moz and his depressing works of art. Moz is my freakin dad!!!

-laauren.

lar lar <[email protected]> (lib1.ambler.temple.edu)
- Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 07:23:00 (PST)

Just because you are a Morrissey fan, it means you are depressed and have no friends?? No way. I've been a fan for years and I feel GREAT!! All the "Johnny come lately's" will always criticize the artisits with real talent. The Smiths and Morrissey will live on for many years. Fans--don't let your passion for Morrissey and The Smiths die!!!!!
Johnny S (dvinttwo.datavision.com)
Philadelphia - Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 09:37:42 (PST)

I got over my depression by throwing my Fatboy Slim record out the window.

sam shuster <[email protected]> (cdref27.opac.csuohio.edu)
- Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 11:33:10 (PST)

YOU HAD A FATBOY SLIM RECORD.....WHAT A DOLT
pogue <[email protected]> (mar022.cybrzn.com)
- Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 13:57:36 (PST)

I think that Norman Cook was just joking. People are taking this far too seriously. In old Housemartins interviews the whole band said that they respected and liked the Smiths and Morrissey. Also, Norman Cook said right from those early interviews that he wanted to get involved in electonic and dance music when the Housemartins stopped recording together.
Once a Housemartin (spc-isp-wpg-uas-10-88.sprint.ca)
- Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 20:44:19 (PST)

The Housemartins were amazing and even then Norman Cook was more into electronic and techno and dance music - he was a d.j. before joining The Housemartins and he just joined the band because Paul Heaton is a friend and asked him to do so. (Norman is hardly a 'trend slut' or whatever.) Jeez, I love Morrissey completely, but you guys have to lighten up and learn to have a laugh at yourselves! Life is too short. I think the comment is no big deal, flippant and a bit funny. I love Morrissey and Fatboy Slim at the same time. (Is that allowed?)
april <[email protected]> (spider-te011.proxy.aol.com)
- Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 01:02:44 (PST)

o.k., i've been reading this website for about a month now and for all that time i have kept my mouth shut, but now i feel it's my turn to say something...you people should stop all your bickering. i find the information given in this website very helpful, but your constant arguments really get you nowhere.
jeremy <[email protected]> (bfce.wuerzburg.army.mil)
- Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 06:59:06 (PST)

Why should someone who loves Morrissey be depressed? I don't really see the point of it. Is it just because Morrissey refuses to sing the same old f*****g 'ah-ah-sunny day sunny day'-songs?
Albertine <[email protected]> (ht0228-1.dial.wxs.nl)
- Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 08:58:45 (PST)

I really think that good old Fat Boy is looking
for advice.He is actually anticipating the
prospect of a period of long depression due to
his announced marriage to Zoe Ball.
She is completely loathsome!!!!

Jonnyroth (spider-tj072.proxy.aol.com)
- Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 11:42:51 (PST)

Oh Norman you cheeky little Housemartin.
Timmy Duff <[email protected]> (spider-te031.proxy.aol.com)
- Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 12:44:45 (PST)

Who's Fatboy Slim? Thats pretty sad! I don't even know who the hell he is!!?? Go figure... a no namer tryin to defame Moz. Who cares what he says! It doesn't mean SH$*!!
Mark D Sempek <[email protected]> (spider-tj043.proxy.aol.com)
USA - Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 23:45:51 (PST)

I think Morrissey plumbs depression with his topics, but I can't help but always seeing and hearing this emotional hopefulness in his voice. Moz is nothing less that uplifting for me, and I take it that many other fans feel the same. I listen to Morrissey to feel flamboyant and blissful. I'm sure there are far more depressed Spice Girl fans out there anyway. I wouldn't worry to much about ol' Gussy. I truly don't believe any harm was intended. And if so, does it even matter?
irksome-ivan <[email protected]> (128.163.17.208)
- Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 09:14:11 (PST)

Sorry, I didn't mean "Gussy," I don't know why the hell I said that........basically I was referring to Fatboy Slim.
irksome-ivan <[email protected]> (128.163.17.208)
- Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 09:17:55 (PST)

I was in a pub last weekend and after they had played Fatboyslim there, they played the Smiths (This Charming man)! Funny coincidence!
R. Stegeman <[email protected]> (proxy.hsij.nl)
- Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 08:04:51 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo