Main
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner - Thurs. 2 am
Posted on Tue, Feb 16 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Dan:

Set your VCR... Thurs. on Turner Classic Movies. As you know Morrissey used the song "Jerusalem" from this movie during the Southpaw tour...

2:00 AM The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962)
A boy from the Irish slums reviews his troubled past while training for a school race. Tom Courtenay, Michael Redgrave, Alec McCowen. D: Tony Richardson. BW 104m

Comments / Notes

What channel is it? is it in America or UK?

Shannon <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 09:59:10 (PST)

since i don't get tcm, i'm curious if anyone would be willing to tape it and send me a copy in exchange for something or another.
xox,
reverend

robert hooe <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 10:19:40 (PST)

In exchange for what? Last week The Man Who Came to Dinner was on.

cut ties w/ all the lies
- Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 16:09:47 (PST)

unfortuantly for me, i don't get that channel, or any channel for that matter where i live in Germany.
jeremy <[email protected]> (bfce.wuerzburg.army.mil)
- Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 07:03:40 (PST)

This reminds me of another band that all morrissey fans should feel obligated to look into: Belle & Sebastian, who wrote a song entitled "The Lonliness of a Middle-Distance Runner". i saw the band play in amsterdam and munich last year, and this song was my favorite from both shows. the chorus is something like "run...to the station..." or words to that effect. imagine my disappointment to find that they havent released the song yet. argh. anyway, if you havent heard belle & sebastian yet, let me tell you, they are every bit as wonderful as everyone says they are.
Johnny Grits <[email protected]> (207.62.248.217)
- Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 17:24:20 (PST)

Furthermore, I believe the Angelic Upstarts penned a song called "The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner"
Dan <[email protected]> (spider-tq052.proxy.aol.com)
- Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 05:05:09 (PST)

...and let us not forget about the brilliant Iron Maiden's 'The lonliness of the long distance runner"!! :)
Andrew (dialup-117.apc.net)
- Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 12:52:45 (PST)

Who gives a Crap about Southpaw??????????
Adrian (pool004-max3.ds6-ca-us.dialup.earthlink.net)
- Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 20:58:09 (PST)

More about the B&S song: it is supposed to be released in the forthcoming 3-track EP due to release in may-june or in the album, which is supposed to be released at late summer.
Itīs one of their best songs. But someone told me that Mozz thinks that B&S "arenīnīt hard enough". Is it true ?

Jordiet <[email protected]> (195.77.76.66)
Barcelona - Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 01:42:04 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo