Main
Morrissey... a beanpole?
Posted on Fri, Feb 12 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From LEElo*_*:

In Q magazine (the November issue), there is an article (note) called "The Height of Fame" that pictures the various heights of rock stars like Mike Stipe, Jarvis Cocker, Madonna...etc.

There's a bit about Morrissey in a little black box at the bottom of the page titled "Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky", and Morrissey's name is mentioned along with Mick Fleetwood (6'5''), Scott James (6'5''), Marilyn Manson (6'3''), Bob Geldolf (6'2''), Nick Cave (6'2''), Shane McGowan (6'1''), Boy George (6'1''), Paul Weller (6'0'') and Liam Howlett (6'0'').

Oh yeah, and Morrissey is 6'0''.

Morrissey's height, always a topic of debate. I heard he's 5', 10 1/2".

Comments / Notes

Moz said in the Meat is Murder tourbook that he is "virtually 6 feet."

all this useless beauty
- Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 15:11:34 (PST)

I have seen Paul Weller in person. Twice. I'll eat my right glove if he's 6'.
Brandon
Vancouver - Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 18:19:07 (PST)

I read in some interview with Noel Gallagher about how he bumped into Morrissey on the street one day and Noel said (and I paraphrase) "I looked up...he was 6 feet, @#!!!ing enormous..." so I guess Moz is kinda tall. I've met Noel and he's about an inch shorter than me, and I'm about 5'10". Yep. However, in the same NME thing it also says Michael Stipe is 6 feet tall as well, and I find that *very* hard to believe.
april <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 00:04:00 (PST)

I've met Morrissey and he's just about taller than me, (I'm 5'10") AND I've got the photo to prove it
Boyracer
- Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 01:49:10 (PST)

Michael Stipe- I was at the Bowery Ballroom (In Manhattan)seeing a band called Nuetral Milk Hotel about 3 months ago. I was literally at the urinal attending business and the guy right next to me sounds very familiar so I look and sure enough its Michael Stipe. I was shocked how short he was (5'9" if that). He looks freakish with the shaved head and i remember thinking he looked like a sick monkey.
Sorry if you find this story offensive but it's true nevertheless.

Mike
- Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 06:48:07 (PST)

The British teen pop magazine _Smash Hits_ in the 80s had a comparative chart of pop star's heights. Moz rang in at five feet eleven and a half inches. (But who knows what their source was?)

-e!

Elbowless <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 18:21:52 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo