Main
Morrissey video on 120 Minutes
Posted on Sat, Feb 6 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
We didn't get the video we requested in primetime, but thanks to everyone who put in the effort to vote and get the word out.

Several people noticed that on the MTV 120 Minutes site Morrissey is among the list of "new debut videos":

120 minutes will air Sunday 2/07 at 12:00 a.m. (EST)!!!
New debut videos from:

RL BURNSIDE
FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS
IMPERIAL TEEN
BJORK
MORRISSEY
SPARKLEHORSE

Don't miss 120 minutes this Sunday 02/07 at midnight, 11 central!!

According to kakarot on the discussion board, this video will be "Everyday Is Like Sunday". Not sure why this is classified as a 'new debut'.

Comments / Notes

Oooh, Morrissey AND Imperial Teen, on the same show? Cool!
Swallow On His Neck
- Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 16:25:22 (PST)

I was wondering when this will be on in cali , because i want to tape it !! will it be on 11:00 or 9:00 CAn anyone help??

C.A
cali - Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 22:31:16 (PST)

I believe 120 Minutes will be on at Midnight in California.
Kimberly <[email protected]>
SF, CA - Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 23:19:59 (PST)

Why show the video that has only cameos of the Moz? Tomorrow, We Hate It..., or many others would show more of Morrissey. MTV has only partially fulfilled our wishes.
JORY
- Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 06:57:08 (PST)

mtv as a whole is just horrid. i pay them no mind because they play atrocious music and throw some good scraps of music out when no one is looking. unforgivable! die swine!
vincent snyder
n.j. - Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 17:56:45 (PST)

Grr. They didn't show the video!
Bryce
- Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 23:01:18 (PST)

Ummmm, did I nod off for 3 minutes, or what? They didn't show the video!!!! Why, oh WHY did I bother to stay up and wait for it?

BTW: I just don't get these new songs - is this what you kids are really listening to, nowadays? YIKES!

Death to MTV!!!!!!!

Swallow On His Neck
- Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 23:18:16 (PST)

Do you think they were stupid enough to mistake Morissette for Morrissey?
Glamlisp <[email protected]>
chicago,il - Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 01:16:06 (PST)

I sent 120minutes an email...I wonder if theer getting sick of all the morrissey emails at mtv yet? hmmmm...I will email them some more
Kakarot <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 08:36:44 (PST)

Glamlisp: Yes! Just try watching the damned channel for an hour or so....2 digit I.Q.s all the way! (except for Daria...they should move that show to a different network as it's too intelligent for EmpTV).
spinny s
somewhere in Texas - Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 12:00:59 (PST)

Great job mtv your one chance to actually show a good video and you blow it!!!!!I at least thought i'd get to see a moz video on 120 minutes but it seems they couldn't fit it in between the screwed up hair lipstick wearing moran videos.thanks JANACEE DUNCE 2HOURS OF YOU BORING VJ ABILITES MADE RELIZE MATT PINHEAD IS 1'000 TIMES MORE BEARABLE THAN YOU!!!IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY MOZ CAN GET HIS VIDEOS ON MTV,IS TO GET BOZ,ALAIN'SPENCE'+JOHNNY TO SHOT A VIDEO WERE THEREALL HOLDING 40'S,SHOOTING CRAPS ON A COMPTON CORNER,AND DRIVING LOWRIDERS BLASTING SOME ILLITERATE RAP BABBLE (OR) HAVE THEM WEAR MAKE UP AND ACT LIKE A MENTAL PATIANT THEN MAYBE CARSON DORKLY CAN SQUEEZE THEM INBETWEEN SOME TEENIE BOPPER NONSENSE AND SOME ILLITERATE RAP MUSIC.THANKS MTV I ONLY WISH THE UNABOMBER HAD A PACKAGE FOR 1515 TIMES SQUARE. P.S. MTV WOULDN'T KNOW GOOD MUSIC IF IT CAME UP AND KICKED IT IN THE ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mozphilly <[email protected]>
philly - Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 13:29:11 (PST)

HANG THE VJ HANG THE VJ HANG THE VJ
ali
- Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 14:55:07 (PST)

who the hell does mtv think they are? playing with our minds like that. I didnt go to sleep till 2:30 am, just waiting till they played the video, and now i'm in school, falling asleep (nothing unusual), but still i'm mad, because besides misleading us, they made me watch useless t.v. for like 3 hours!!
mozmiths <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 15:12:03 (PST)

Ummm, did anyone catch Morrissey's "Alma Matters" video on the Access music station (the Spin magazine owned one.) last Thursday? I did! They played it during a block of school daze videos and blew me out of the water. @#!!! MTV. You were all waiting for a sky to fall on that one. Ta-ta!
J.J. Harrier <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 16:09:41 (PST)

DARN!!! I wasted a perfectly good piece of videotape for nothing.
Orphan ANNIE <mizzizmozz>
- Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 17:00:49 (PST)

Ah Yes! Empty-V. It used to be pretty cool to come home after school or work or whatever and turn on the vids! Now all they have are some lame VJ's clamoring about how wet the teeny boppers standing on the New York city streets are going to get when N'SYNC(erator) or BACK(stab)STREET BOYS gargle scope while dribbling the same "homie" wanna be the next new kids on the block song for the umteenth time!! BL-ECH!! Then these 2 idiot so called sex psychologists come on and talk about and listen to every freakin sexual problem known to man or woman for 30 minutes (though that show is on so much it seems like 30 hours!!) Then we get some sick-ass claymation wrestling crap or watching a bunch of untypical "xers" a) drive around in a camper and talk and act stupid or b) a bunch of "xers" living in an apartment taking or acting stupid for endless hours!! So where the HELL is the freakin' Music in this T.V.? It's when they stop trying to be hip and play some videos for 15 minutes a day. This statiion has lost it for most of us who need some sort of musical visual entertainment stimulation. They talk about M2 (the music television station that just plays videos) but I have NEVER spoken to anyone who has that too know that it exists!! Does it? If so, put it on and @#!!!can Empty-V. Quit trying to be the hippest cable station and BE the hippest that you once were when you played actual videos, that had music in them. Not thugs or gunplay or sickos like Marylin Manson but ACTUAL vidoes!! I'm sorry for taking so much space but this struck a chord with me and i'm sure everyone else. If you say your gonna play a video by Morrissey then do so. In fact MORE Morrissey should be played and NO Manson EVER (In my perfect world). Thanks for letting me ramble.

I HATE MY MTV
- Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 20:49:56 (PST)

Well, I think we should all band together and email the SH$^ out of MTV. I sat up like many of you and waited for them to air the video.... waiting and still waiting... Typical MTV BULLSH$^!! Well, I sent them a nice email letting them know that they had their heads up their asses! Of course, no reply. MTV is all about satisfying what is hip at the moment. It has actually turned in to a JERRY SPRINGER marathon of a bunch of idiots such as Real World and Road Rules participants. Screw MTV! and to requote the MOZMAN himself... MTV ON THE GUILLOTINE!!
Mark D Sempek <[email protected]>
USA - Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 01:01:27 (PST)

they're playing "last of the famous".. on mtv NOW... 120 minutes, 75 minutes in to the show... by the way its feb 22 '99
nat (1cust128.tnt3.nyc3.da.uu.net)
- Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 22:15:40 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo