Main
Irish dates in March?
Posted on Mon, Feb 1 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Aaron:

So I went to the "Oslo Rockabilly Festival" today and saw Boz Boorer playing with the Deltas... damn it was great! I also met up with Boz and he told me a little about Morrissey's future plans also:

Boz says he hasn't seen Morrissey since the Maladjusted tour December 97. Seemingly Moz has been in LA since... God knows what he's been up to, but anyhow he has moved back to Manchester for a spell. Boz also tells me that Morrissey wants to do a couple (2-3) dates in Ireland in march, and the gang  (with a new drummer) will get together for some practising. Also Boz and Alain have been sending him some songs which will be on the new album and Boz says that the ones he has sent are the bomb... he couldn't tell for sure when the album would be out, but with all the guys in England they should be able to get it recorded before the end of this year... besides that he said Morrissey was doing good and seemed to be in a good mood...

Comments / Notes

I'll like to be the first to say that I can't wait!!

The countdown has started.

Hope it's all true.

rob
- Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 09:11:01 (PST)

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want...
(A NEW MORRISSEY ALBUM AND A TOUR!!!!!)

JACK
- Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 12:20:10 (PST)

Here we go again!!!!!!
(kimmy, if you're out there send us an e-mail)

greggy-ta <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 13:08:53 (PST)

Hmm well I would think the dates would have to be kinda earlish. Since Boz is already scheduled to play with Sonny George in LA, in mid/late March, and then again at the Rockabilly weekender in Vegas.

btw..Boz is playing twice there once with Sonny George and once with the Nick Gilroy Combo

Leigh <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 18:19:26 (PST)

Can I open?
Not Sunny......but skinnier
A dark alleyway - Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 21:40:18 (PST)

I hope this is true. I can't wait to see Morrissey again!
Claudia
Los Angeles - Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 22:11:02 (PST)

Oh, how I hope it's true, if it is I'm going to Ireland, and a new album would be just GREAT! Find out more somebody, I didn't think Morrissey was even working!
Gwyn <[email protected]>
Dallas - Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 10:22:43 (PST)

Well, I'm happy that Morrissey is thinking about it all, but I'm too skeptical to believe that we will see anything new in the near future. It will probably take a while for him to find his rhythm after all of the legal insanity he has endured. It's too bad Mick Ronson died- he seemed to be one of the only people (other than Marr) that understood his rhythm....
Mike Czech <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 12:06:49 (PST)

I love Morrissey as much as anyone on this site and I can't wait for a new project/tour but...I just hope it's better than Malajusted. And if there is a tour...a few pre-Vauxhal songs would be nice.
Eric Scharer
- Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 16:17:22 (PST)

Responding to the comments about "Maladjusted"!!-
It seems to me that "Trouble Loves Me" and "Wide to Receive" were two very strong songs off the album, particularly in comparison to most of the tracks off "Southpaw Grammar." Also, the "Maladjusted" tour was the first I had heard (at least in a long long while) of Morrissey playing Smiths material live.

Tony <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 18:55:24 (PST)

If MORRISSEY is touring again, he has got to tour in Australia or i shall die..........
CON <[email protected]>
- Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 19:37:30 (PST)

That would be great... Hehe, when I told this my mom, she said she would be going with me!! :)
HollyG <[email protected]>
D - Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 04:29:14 (PST)

Id @#!!!ing swim the Irish sea to see the Moz play live. Please Please Please do three or more live dates Moz as I missed all your other tours as im only a youngen. God it would be like going to Heaven.........
James Harris <[email protected]>
Britain - Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 06:40:26 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo