Main
"My 'Taste Of Honey' signed by Morrissey"
Posted on Thu, Jan 28 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
Thanks to Richard Mark Osborn for the following:

I thought you might be interested in seeing this. I gave "A Taste of Honey" by Shelagh Delaney to Morrissey with a self-addressed envelope when I was on stage with him at his Sheffield "in Person" gig in February 1995.

I wasn't really sure whether he would sign it or not - but you can imagine my amazement when it came back in the post "with openness of heart".

Comments / Notes

How beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing....
Wendy <[email protected]>
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 12:16:22 (PST)

Neat! Did it come with a return address?
If so, can I have it?

jax <[email protected]>
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 13:02:44 (PST)

oh my god you must have fainted! how long did it take for him to send it back?

erica <[email protected]>
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 14:39:24 (PST)

That's very touching - and a welcome slap in the face to all those people who say that Morrissey doesn't give a damn about his fans. Sadly, though, I'm sure he's now going to be bombarded with books, etc. in the mail, demanding to be signed.
Swallow On His Neck
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 14:40:42 (PST)

Thats Goes To Prove that Morrissey does care deeply anout his fans. Thanks For Sharing. Im also wondering if i can have the adress if one got sent back with the envelope.
Frank <[email protected]>
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 15:17:20 (PST)

A bit pompous of you to tag four words or so from Moz on the web, isn't it? Of course, I'm just jealous that you got it and not me. Such is Life!
J.J. Harrier <[email protected]>
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 15:22:43 (PST)

i implore.......don't dole out this man's address.
don't cheapen your moment

gregg <MOZMANIA1>
dublin - Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 17:47:19 (PST)

Was it postmarked West Hollywood? That's so cool. :) If anyone goes to CSUSM check out Taste of Honey and note that I wrote all over it. HEE.

My Name is Mortimer
- Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 20:16:06 (PST)

Thank you for sharing your most wonderful news. It took some time but it was well worth the wait, eh? Maybe one day he'll reply to the letter I handed him in Petaluma, CA during the Maladjusted tour.
Jo Solders <[email protected]>
- Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 09:43:56 (PST)

i always have thought that it was interesting that moz has horrible handwriting...quite like mine..
boyeastlikelytoo(Kakarot) <[email protected]>
- Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 12:00:25 (PST)

Thanks for all the comments on my book! Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything else back with the book, and certainly not an address - even if I had, I think I'd have kept it for myself!

I received the book back less than a month after the gig and, yes, I think it does demonstrate in some small way that Morrissey does care for his fans.

Richard Osborn <[email protected]>
Leicester England - Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 12:02:46 (PST)

You certianly have a treasure.

Can you tell me about Methuen Drama?

Thanks!

RHFP
WI - Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 15:41:35 (PST)

that's very cool. if i can share my little tidbit of morrissey sharing. i was at a show at the house of blues in los angeles a few days before my birthday. i was upstairs in the vip room and there he was! a co-worker of mine went up to him after he was kind enough to take a few publicity shots the band that was playing, and had him sign a plate for me. it said "happy birthday marie. love morrissey." lets just say i could never bet a better birthday present than that. i
marie
- Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 15:56:29 (PST)

I think he lives at.. 384 kings road, stratford, Manchester...
ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa

ParticleMan <[email protected]>
- Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 10:29:39 (PST)

That address is his old house, which he lived in as a teenager. It's in Stretford, Manchester. I'd post the photos of when I went to see it myself, but I'm not computer-literate enough!
Gypsy
New Jersey - Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 11:39:31 (PST)

Its really a great website.Keep up with the signed
Morrissey material.Roy Marques,Mississauga,Canada.
P.S.Enjoy the music!

Mr. Roy Marques (cmisint1.city.mississauga.on.ca)
Mississauga,Ontario Canada - Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 11:29:26 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo