Main
Sweet William - "Southern Australian Smiths"
Posted on Sat, Jan 23 1999
by David T. <[email protected]>
From James Feagin (Columbia, MD):

I would like to let all Moz/Smiths devotees out there to listen to a record that is sorely underexposed. The record is called "Dutch Mother" and comes from Southern Australia's, Sweet William. I have seen thousands of comparisons to the Smiths, and most of the time those ravings are not deserved. However, in this case, I believe they are. This is the closest to the Smiths I have ever heard!

I have a review of the Sweet William "Dutch Mother" 7" with a scan of the cover art at:

http://www.tweekitten.com/Reviews/19980809.html

Only 1000 of their debut 7" was pressed and I believe a few copies can still be purchased for only $3.50 ppd. from Matinee Records which can be reached at [email protected]. There is also real audio at www.tweekitten.com! Enjoy!

Comments / Notes

DONīT BELIEVE THIS RUBBISH!
They do not remind me of the
Smiths at all.
They are far to poor of
music and sound and VOICE...!

- Joe

Joe Sell <[email protected]>
Germany - Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 04:51:30 (PST)

Well, the real audio for "invisible ink" on the website is not on the debut 7", that is on the TweeKitten release. IMHO, only the debut 7" sounds like Moz or the Smiths. However, I still like the real audio.....James

P.S---when I said they sound the "closest" to the smiths that is exactly what I mean. No one will ever replace em'

James F
- Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 20:33:32 (PST)

I'm always looking for new things to listen to. The artwork is very Morrissey-like and it was only $4.30 post paid to get the thing in my mail box, so I ordered it. If it sucks, the sleeve alone will be nice to look at :)

sw

strangeways <[email protected]>
Boston - Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 05:40:20 (PST)

* return to Morrissey-solo