posted by davidt on Tuesday October 16 2001, @09:00AM
Mark Williams sends a scan of the photo (233k) included in the previously mentioned Q article.
An anonymous person writes:

On Sunday night an interview with Noel and Liam Gallagher was broadcast on UK PPV channel Sky Box Office, prior to the airing of their Glasgow Barrowlands gig from the previous evening.

Johnny Marr and The Smiths got a few mentions with Noel saying how he had wanted to be in a band with the power of The Jam and the grace of The Smiths. Surprisingly, Liam also said he was a bit partial to "The Smiffs". Incidently, Andy Bell the Oasis bassist (formerly of Ride) mentioned in a recent interview that after seeing The Smiths in his home town of Oxford in '86 he knew he wanted to be in a band.

Johnny Marr joined Oasis on stage at Glasgow for an excellent version of 'Champagne Supernova', which was the highlight of an otherwise drab affair, and the Beatles cover 'I Am The Walrus'.

---
Brad also sends this link from NME.com:

WELL LIAM, IT WAS REALLY SOMETHING - Has Johnny Marr recorded an entire Liam Gallagher album? Nine or ten "incredible" songs have been recorded, apparently...
alero writes:

I was at Epitaph.com tonight looking for a release date on the new T[I]NC album. Reading the article on their page I found that their new album was actually compared to The Smiths (along with several other groups and singers). Go figure.

I'm not too sure about that comparison, especially since I haven't heard the album, but I'll let you be the judge...
The pulse-pounding sounds of THE INTERNATIONAL NOISE CONSPIRACY come roaring back to the music world with their diverse, lively and creative second full-length album on Epitaph, A New Morning, Changing Weather. The record explores a new side of the Swedish quartet; from the sixties radical punk sound on their debut to a more diverse mix of MC5, THE KINKS, THE SMITHS, JAMES BROWN, PRIMAL SCREAM and modern R&B. Not retro, rather a step into modern rock music made for the new century.
Mattias Jansson writes:

Me and a friend are starting a club in Stockholm, the name is PLAYBOYS and this Friday, the 19th, we have our grand premiere.

Guest DJ´s Magnus Carlson from Weeping Willows and Daniel Bellqvist from Eskobar will join me and Louise. We are all huge Morrissey fans and the premiere will be a Morrissey special, with loads of The Smiths and Morrissey songs to be played, as well as related bands.

We will continue to host the club, and play a lot of songs beloved by you all, even at the "ordinary" Fridays - you are welcome to Playboys every Friday as long as people like us and we therefor get on economically. The profile of our club can quite easily be guessed just by the name. We will of course not only play Moz-related songs, but we did´nt take on the name for no reason at all.

Unfortunately, our homepage is in Swedish only. But click yourself on and you´ll probably get yourself a pretty good idea of what kind of music there is to enjoy at Playboys. We would be greatful if you took a minute to sign our guestbook, as a kind record dealer gives us an ammount of money for every message (this is a part of how we hope to manage hosting the club). Thank you.

Welcome to PLAYBOYS!

Mattias and Louise

http://get.to/playboys
http://www.geocities.com/bamsingarna/index.htm
Today's News | October 17 | October 15  >

[ home | terms of service ]