posted by davidt on Sunday February 22 2009, @02:00PM
Frank's Wild Years posted in the forums:

Years Of Refusal enters UK album chart at #3

Very solid effort considering it's only a week after Lily Allen's release and the masses of Brit Award winners vying for the top spot this time around.

1. (2) ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Kings Of Leon) 22 wks
2. (1) IT’S NOT ME IT’S YOU (Lily Allen) 2 wks
3. (NEW) YEARS OF REFUSAL (Morrissey) 1 wk

---
Radio One Official Top 40 Albums Chart
Guillaume METAYER writes:
It is here :
Fnac album chart
PregnantForTheLastTime writes:
Chicago music journalists Greg Kot (Chicago Tribune) and Jim DeRogatis (Chicago Sun-Times) review Years of Refusal on their February 20, 2009 episode of Sound Opinions.

Kot and DeRogatis, whose show is produced by Chicago Public Radio and American Public Media and is syndicated to public radio stations nationally, rate records as "buy it" (worth buying the CD or vinyl), "burn it" (worth buying via download), or "trash it" (not worth buying).

Both praised YoR's harder, more aggressive sound, and Morrissey's return to themes of "miserabilism." DeRogatis nearly name-checks Morrissey-Solo as he mentions heated debates among fans over whether YoR is Morrissey's best solo album since the Smiths, or his best since Vauxhall and I.

Years of Refusal scored a double thumbs up as a "buy it" recommendation by both critics.

Listeners can stream the show, episode #169, at www.SoundOpinions.org. Morrissey's is the second album reviewed, beginning at roughly 32 minutes into the program. Show notes are available for viewing at www.soundopinions.org/shownotes/2009/022009/shownotes.html
JohnnyMunro writes:
David Walliams has selected PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LET ME GET WHAT I WANT for one of his songs on Desert Island Discs. Worryingly he also mentioned going for lunch with Morrissey to Jonathan Ross's house...
---
Uncleskinny posted additional info in this forums thread.
Today's News | February 23 | February 21  >

[ home | terms of service ]