posted by davidt on Thursday February 05 2009, @09:45PM
Morrissey on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (Feb. 5, 2009). Post your info and reviews in the comments section below.

susmoz reports Morrissey played:
"Someone Is Squeezing My Skull", "Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed" for TV. He also played "Black Cloud", "This Charming Man" and "Best Friend On The Payroll".

Update: 02/06 09:20 GMT:
Resurrected21 posted in the forums that "Skull" is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Lyn1Hd0rE

---
Related items:
posted by davidt on Thursday February 05 2009, @11:00AM
german film star writes:
The February/March issue of the New Zealand music magazine Rip It Up features a lengthy interview in London with Morrissey - 'Bigmouth's Only NZ Print Interview', according to the cover. (No mention of whether Morrissey plans to reschedule his New Zealand tour though.) Topics include the new LP, songwriting, Jerry Finn's passing, critics, Smiths reunion rumours, as well as Morrissey and The Smiths' enduring influence. I've transcribed the article in full and posted it at my Morrissey website Lucky Lisp. Follow the link to read.

Photo of Morrissey dressed in a sailor's uniform and flexing his muscles not included!

I should also add I've recently posted a number of other lengthy, older Morrissey/Smiths articles at both The Smiths File Online & Lucky Lisp. As far as I am aware these items are not available at any other Smiths/Morrissey sites. I hope they will provide some enjoyable reading.

The Smiths File Online:
- 'Magnificent Obsessions', Melody Maker, November 26, 1983
- 'These Disarming Men', New Musical Express, February 4, 1984
- 'Laughter In Paradise', Sounds, June 14, 1986
- The Smiths & Sandie Shaw (page) - includes various recently-added items of interest

Lucky Lisp:
- 'Morrissey Comes Out (For A Drink)', New Musical Express, May 18, 1991
- 'The Guv'nor Returns', New Musical Express, April 17, 2004

Please note you may need to scroll down the page to find these items.

Enjoy!

Jason, Lucky Lisp & The Smiths File Online
Uncleskinny writes:
Dandysweets has posted a (partial) interview with the Danish magazine Gaffa in the forums (original post)

Morrissey – Stadier paa Livets Vei - GAFFA
Af Lars Löbner Jeppesen
I anledning af Morrisseys niende soloalbum Years Of Refusal er GAFFA taget til London for at møde den altid elegante og vittige brokrøv til en snak om at være hjemløs og på lykkepiller

Guillaume Metayer writes:
The February's issue of TECHNIKART Magazine, which is a French magazine for trendsetters has Morrissey on front page :
"Celebrity (fame) is disgusting"

& interview inside

Gary writes:
The issue hits newsstands on 2/13. Check it out -

Morrissey Filter Magazine cover - The Red Radio

---
An anonymous person sends the link to the issue info at Filter:

Filter Issue 34
Morrissey Rising
On stands February 13

Though Morrissey fits the incongruous mold he holds heaven-high for others, there’s a central irony in his idealization of peculiarity: Droves of nondescripts have, over the years, appropriated his pop-up pompadour, his codified vegetarianism and his boredom with the ordinary; not as their own, but as homage. Fans with this and a different degree of commitment sometimes thrust themselves toward the Morrissey of midlife at concerts, landing on stage and enveloping him in their arms. Each one has become a blip among millions. Here, FILTER finds the man behind the mythology at our very own front door for a closer look.
Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by Jose (via Morrissey reddit) with additional info in the thread:

Morrissey on XFM Ian Camfield show (Feb. 10)
Torr writes:
Los Angeles band Red Cortez will be the support act for the first 12 U.S. dates on Moz's tour:

Feb. 28 Boca Raton, FL - Mizner Park
Mar. 1 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
Mar. 3 Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theatre
Mar. 4 St. Petersburg, FL - Jannus Landing Courtyard
Mar. 6 Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues
Mar. 7 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
Mar. 9 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
Mar. 11 Durham, NC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Mar. 13 Richmond, VA - The National
Mar. 14 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
Mar. 16 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre
Mar. 17 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall

The band (who are still unsigned) recently changed their name from The Weather Underground.

http://www.myspace.com/redcortezband
allikazoo writes:
They actually like it.

Morrissey: Years of Refusal - Pitchfork
[Lost Highway; 2009]
Rating: 8.1
Review by Tom Ewing
Uncleskinny sends word that Angela Rutledge (ex-MorrisseyTour.com) is on Mastermind, airing Feb. 6 BBC2 7:30 PM answering Morrissey trivia in competition.
Today's News | February 7 | February 5  >

[ home | terms of service ]