posted by davidt on Tuesday January 13 2009, @11:00AM
An anonymous person sends the link (also posted in the forums by Alma.Anima):

Morrissey Exclusive: Calling it Quits? - Filter Magazine

by Staff; Photo by Michael Muller | 01.12.2009

In a recent interview with Filter magazine, Morrissey talked about his music, his life, the new record (Years of Refusal, February 17), and as you will find below, the prospect of quitting the biz. Here’s the nugget:

How many more years do you want to continue making music?

Morrissey: “I don’t want to go on much longer, really. I think that would suggest a lack of imagination. A certain lack of dignity also. There has to reach a point where you’ve said enough, I think.”

For the complete interview and cover article, check out the next issue of Filter, hitting the stands in February.

The Quietus writes:
Hullo good people of Morrissey Solo,

we thought you might be interested in our track-by-track run through of the new record, written by our editor and life-long Moz fan John Doran:

Rusholme ROFLOL? Morrissey's New Album Years Of Refusal Reviewed - The Quietus
An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey - Years Of Refusal, review by Adam Adshead - Clash Music
An anonymous person sends the image / eBay auction:

eBay item 310114349162: THE SMITHS MORRISSEY SHOPLIFTERS HAND WRITTEN LYRICS

Description:
THE SMITHS MORRISSEY ORIGINAL HAND WRITTEN LYRICS FOR SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD

WRITTEN ON ONE PAGE IN MORRISSEYS HAND THE ORIGINAL OWNERWON THESE IN A COMPETTION RUN BY THE NME AT THE TIME

ITS VERY RARE TO FIND THIS AND IS A ONE OFF

A GEM OF A SONG ,AN ORIGINAL PIECE OF SMITHS MEMORABILIA

Kewpie sends the link to the post in the forums by Dave2006 (via Morrissey reddit):

Interview with Prof Marr on Salford University Website:

Thanks to my partner who is a student at Salford Uni, she came across this interview with Johnny...

"I like Salford...."

He talks about the city/town, Bernard sumner and the Lads Club photo shoot
Mentioned previously on Dec. 15 (story) but getting a lot more airplay now:

jake writes:
Morrissey's 'Glamorous Glue' is used in the promotional commercial for a new show on the telly... Lie to Me.

"Everyone lies, nobody minds, everyone lies..." ...good times!
---
An anonymous person writes:
During Sunday's American football (NFC) playoff game, a commercial started with the familiar guitar riff intro from "Glamorous Glue." It then kinda' choppily segued into Morrissey singing "everyone lies..." It was a promo spot for the new Tim Roth crime drama, Lie To Me, where Roth plays a guy who can catch any person in a lie.
---
W.H. Smith writes:
"Lie To Me", a new psychological drama starring Tim Roth on FOX uses 'Glamorous Glue' as a music bed for a :30 TV Promo seen tonight during the Carolina Panthers / Arizona Cardinals playoff game.

The promo specifically highlights the beginning riff and of course the lyrics, "everyone lies, everyone lies".
An anonymous person writes:
the article is entitled:

"On Skimming Hannah Arendt and Worrying about Gaza and Involuntarily Imagining the Lyrics to "Some States Are Bigger Than Others" - The Stranger

just a strange mention. thought i would share.
Today's News | January 14 | January 12  >

[ home | terms of service ]