posted by davidt on Monday April 24 2006, @11:00AM
Suedehead writes:
After playing "The Queen is Dead" to honour her majesties birthday Marc Riley announced today on his BBC 6 Music show "Rocket Science" that Morrissey will perform an acoustic session in his show on May 6th. No further information was given.
---
Update: 04/24 18:59 GMT: An anonymous person writes in the comments:

Sorry for being cynical..
But we do get people making stuff up on this site.

Just to say I listened to quite a lot of Rocket Science on Saturday where Marc waxed lyrical about Morrissey's Lowry show. I also heard the beginning of Mint on Sunday where he had another conversation about Morrissey.

On neither occasion did he mention this acoustic set. Surely he would have taken the opportunity while he was on the subject to remind his listeners about this scoop?
An anonymous person writes:
Morrissey's gig on Ruisrock, Finland has been confirmed. He will perform at Sunday 9th of July as a main act on this Scandinavia's oldest rock-festival. Tickets are on sale already.
---
An anonymous person also writes:
According to Ruisrock.fi, Morrissey will headline the festival on Sunday 9th of July. Ruisrock is a festival that takes place from 7th to 9th July, near the city of Turku in Southwestern Finland. We Finns are lucky this year!
An anonymous person writes:
Hello mates. You can see Morrissey interview on MTV.de web site. http://www.mtv.de/morrissey/
Scroll down the page and click "Morrissey im interview mit den MTV news" (Real Player required)
Though I can't hear him well because of an interpretation...
Belligerent Ghoul sends the links:

Salford Lowry review by Dave Simpson - The Guardian (4 of 5 stars) + photo
Salford Lowry review by Stephen Dalton - The Times Online (3 of 5 stars)
Salford Lowry review by Rick Bowen - This Is Lancashire
Salford Lowry review by Chris Mugan - Belfast Telegraph
Belligerent Ghoul writes:
The Boyfriends tour journal - Playlouder

excerpt:

We're then given the tour protocol lecture by Arturo, a big friendly giant who's in charge of security and is definitely someone you wouldn't want to mess with. "Rule 1, this is a no-meat tour - absolutely no meat in the venue," he says. "Rule 2, nobody in the hall when He's soundchecking."

Paddy has a friend who worked on a previous Morrissey tour. Apparently the secret code among the crew was "We're just off to look at some museums."

Morrissey's band is already soundchecking. They do instrumentals of How Soon Is Now, Girlfriend in a Coma and what sounds like a New York Dolls song. We decide to nip out for some scran. Obviously one of the greatest joys of international travel is finding amusingly-named foodstuffs and Sweden comes up trumps with Kex, Kack, and our favourite ... Plopp.

As we hurry back through the labyrinthine corridors of the venue to do our soundcheck we literally bump into Morrissey. "Oh, hello!" he says with a shy wave and a mischievous wink. Bloody hell, he actually knows who we are...
Webmaster of Boz Boorer site writes:
Following the example of Morrissey, Boz Boorer will answer questions from fans on his site in the near future. If you want to ask Boz something concerning his work with Morrissey or numerous other artists (please refer to the bio on www.bozboorer.com) send your question to [email protected]. Please try to keep it relevant. And note that all entries will be filtered by the webmaster before they get to Boz.
Morning theft writes:
ROTT enters Italian chart at #15, "You Have Killed Me" at #33
"Ringleader of the Tormentors", #15 in the album chart, is selling quite well in Italy, considering that Moz isn't really famous around here. "You are the Quarry" entered at #32, so things are getting better :)

"You have killed me" makes its debut at #33 on the singles chart.
---
kaleidoscope writes:
ROTT enters Dutch chart at #24
ROTT has entered the Dutch album chart at number 24 which is not too bad considered that he never gets any airplay at the bigger radio stations.
---
mosquitokillah writes:
ROTT enters at #25 in Austrian charts
ROTT just entered the Austrian charts at #25. YATQ's highest position was #24.

www.austriancharts.at

Don't forget: Morrissey's coming to this year's Frequency Festival in Salzburg.

www.frequency.at
---
eran peer writes:
ROTT #1 in Israel sales (March)
In an Israeli famous and popular music&dvd sales site, Morrissey entered num 1 in the sales March with ROTT.

For 5 weeks, a local artist dominated the March, and Morrissey pushed him away to the third place by taking the first place. To the second place came a local Israeli singer.
francisco beristain writes:
the mexican magazine called "R&R" features morrissey on the cover along with illustrations, new picture, a "why we love the smiths" small separator, album review, and a 5 page interview.
Guillaume Métayer writes:
On a famous TV show today, the French actor, Claude Brasseur, said that he wanted to meet Morrissey. During the week the show plaid "You have Killed Me" as a jingle before advertisement.

This TV show is "Le grand journal" on Canal + channel which is on air everyday !
We saw exerpts of You Have Killed Me video and Claude Brasseur very moved and dismayed to have its name in a Moz song !!

It's rare to see Moz on French TV, thanks to Claude Brasseur because I think that Morrissey saw movies of Jean-Luc Godart where Claude Brasseur plaid and maybe in a 1964 movie called "Bande à part" with Anna Karina, Claude Brasseur & Samy Frey (the 2 last name mentionned as "not forget" by Moz in the Paris gig)

More info.
Today's News | April 25 | April 23  >

[ home | terms of service ]