posted by davidt on Sunday February 05 2006, @11:00AM
"Dear God, Please Help Me" and "You Have Killed Me" were leaked sometime yesterday and have been discussed on the general board.

Shortly before this, Morrissey's lawyer contacted me yesterday and asked me to remove all posts and links related to illegal files or face legal action. He mentioned that Morrissey and several people at Sanctuary are very angry about the leaks. I have asked him to provide a list of links and forward them to my lawyer and also to provide the specific code which is being allegedly violated with each of these links. My position is that the files are not on this site and he should be going after the sites that host them.

While I do not intend to monitor every post on this site, as a general rule, please do not post links to any illegal files.
houston writes:
Well it seems that Ticketmaster are at it again,I was looking at a irish music website called MCD.ie and it states that both of the Dublin dates are sold out,so why did Ticketmaster tell us that they were on sale on 03/03/06/? All roads lead to Ebay again.
Belligerent Ghoul sends the link:

Pop gig-goers 'robbed' by e-touting - The Scotsman

Excerpt:

MUSIC fans are being forced to pay astronomical prices for tickets to pop concerts because of a new scam involving eBay, the internet marketplace.

The Scotsman has discovered that tickets for gigs by well-known artists frequently sell out almost as soon as they are placed for sale online - and then appear within minutes for auction on eBay, sometimes for more than ten times the face value.

It is understood that e-ticket touts have discovered a way of circumventing strict limitations on the number of tickets pop fans can buy online, which can be as few as four per person.

There is a litany of examples of similar situations. Tickets for Morrissey's "sold out" Glasgow Carling Academy show are up for auction on eBay, with a single ticket available as a "buy it now" item for £59.49 plus postage, though the face value is just £29. Meanwhile a pair of seats for one of Robbie Williams's Hampden Park shows this summer can be purchased on eBay for £189.99.
goinghome writes:
"New York Doll", the true-life film about the trials and tribulations, preceding the eventual reunion, of the ‘70s punk band The New York Dolls, also features Morrissey, and it is to be shown during the Dublin International Film Festival on Sunday 19th February at 4.10pm in the Screen Cinema.

Damien Dempsey, who was Morrissey’s special guest for many of the 2004 concerts, has just won an Irish Meteor Music Award under the Best Irish Male Act category: details here.

Crumlin Children’s Hospital, which Morrissey is known to have sponsored in the past, is fingered to close soon following the announcement of plans to amalgamate elsewhere. Ref.
Today's News | February 6 | February 4  >

[ home | terms of service ]