posted by davidt on Monday February 21 2005, @12:00PM
Beck sends the link:

PETA President and Co-Founder Ingrid Newkirk Signs her Book "Making Kind Choices" - 02/18/2005 - Westwood Borders, Los Angeles, California

Davey Boy writes:

I went to Spin Magazine to find out more about Morrissey selection as best solo artist and I found an interview with Brandon Flowers. Here's a funny story he tells related to Morrissey:

Q: The Killers recently opened for your hero, Morrissey. Is it true that when you were a bellhop at the Gold Coast Hotel you once went through a bag of CDs belonging to a member of Morrissey’s band? Confess!

A: It’s true. The hotel held a lot of rockabilly conventions, and Morrissey’s guitarist, Boz Boorer, would always come. I got to know him a bit. One time he asked me to store his bags while he went to have a drink. I shouldn’t have done it, and I still feel bad, but I went through one of them. I just wanted to see what Boz was listening to. One of the CDs said “The Album,” and it had all the tracks [from You Are the Quarry] on it. I knew they were making a new record and I recognized the song titles. I called Ronnie and he was going to come and burn it because it wasn’t out for months. But I put it on the CD player at work, and it was only the music, not the vocals, so I called Ronnie back and told him not to bother.

Here's the link to the story.
Viveca Bladh writes:

British punkpopband Help She Can't Swim has a song called "What would Morrissey say?" on their new album Fashionista super dance troupe. More about the band on www.helpshecantswim.com
Torr writes:

Crystal clear - The Observer

Parks helped him to create the big orchestral sound that is often set as a counterpoint to his brutally personal singing. 'My theory was,' he says, 'I have always gravitated to those chords, and it would be better to start big and to kind of sculpt down to the essence over the years than to start with the essence and then get bigger. I liked opera, I like Bjork, I was very interested in Morrissey, I had a sort of punky phase, so that all got thrown in.'
MozMpls writes:

Was at sirendisc.com just now and saw they have "I Like You" being listed for release as a single in Canada on March 21. No mention of any b-sides yet.
a story on the radio writes:

Hello, tonight on a programme on UK's channel 4 Morrissey was the subject of a short sketch. The program is called "The Friday Night Project" and essentially the idea of the program is that three comedians are presented each week by a different host presenter. This weeks presenter was a guy called Neil Morrissey. In the UK he is quite well known for acting in a comedy series called "Men Behaving Badly" and making commercials. Anyway, there was a brief segment on the show whereby Niel Morrissey did a spoof upon the idea of those "you cannot buy this in stores.." type commercials. The idea was "Morrissey (Neil) does Morrissey" whereby he imitated some of Morrissey's songs. It was all done in good taste.
Today's News | February 22 | February 20  >

[ home | terms of service ]