posted by davidt on Thursday July 22 2004, @10:30PM
Post your info and reviews of Morrissey's appearance on "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" on July 22, 2004 in the comments section below.
MODMADCHEN writes:

I was one of the unlucky ones that couldn't go to last weeks show in Chicago, but I went to Italian fest on Sat. the 27th and Nancy Sinatra was one of the key performers.

She had already started when I was walking up to the Briggs and Straton Stage. She was singing "America is not the World" and had a slide show of pictures of Morrissey and herself displayed behind her as she sang the song. The crowd was loud, so I couldn't tell how good of a rendition her song was, and nobody there really seemed to know who Morrissey was, but when it was over I most certainly made a cheering arse of myself.
Sébastien writes:

I just saw it on the arte news:

One of Morrissey's favourite singers Sacha Distel died yesterday aged 71. He once had a relationship with Brigitte Bardot. Morrissey tried to get him for his Meltdown Festival.
posted by davidt on Thursday July 22 2004, @12:00PM
cjb writes:

This Sunday night WXRT in Chicago is broadcasting Morrissey's concert at the House of Blues from last week. WXRT does stream its broadcasts. More info: www.wxrt.com.
---
rich sends the direct link to the details:

Sunday, July 25 - 8:00-9:00pm
Morrissey
Recorded "live" last Saturday night at Chicago's House of Blues.
Belligerent Ghoul writes:

Morrissey / July 17, 2004 / Chicago (House of Blues) by Joshua Klein, Billboard.com

this is a very detailed review with some analysis re: Lolla & Moz in the first few paragraphs.
GurgleJerk writes:

A minor thing, but still worth noting. The big UK indie labels have reached agreement with Apple for European iTunes distribution, which means Morrissey (and probably all Attack releases, too) will appear on the service. Besides making traditional CD releases available through iTunes, many artists also release "iTunes exclusives" and one-off recordings on iTunes, so this may make more Morrissey tracks available in the long-term.

Moz is mentioned in the opening paragraph of the Apple PR release:

Major Indie Music Labels Join Apple’s iTunes Music Store in Europe

CUPERTINO, California—July 21, 2004—Apple® today announced that it has signed licensing agreements with three of the largest European independent music labels, Beggars Group, Sanctuary Records Group and V2 ... iTunes Music Store customers in Europe now have access to an impressive catalog of independent artists including Basement Jaxx, The Crystal Method, Interpol, The Libertines, Morrissey, the Pixies, Prodigy, Stereophonics, Paul Weller and The White Stripes.
Martin writes:

Did anyone else see the advert for YATQ on ITV in a break in last night's episode of "The Bill"? I'd gone to the kitchen but rushed back in when I heard "Irish Blood, English Heart". Don't know if they showed a clip of the video, but they also showed some live footage of "First of the Gang to Die". "The Bill" is quite a mainstream show (a police soap if you don't know), so it seems an interesting audience to which to push the album. Maybe they're hoping the coffee table brigade will go for something more revolutionary than Dido and Coldplay?
Arjan Domhof writes:

I work in a Dutch record store and noticed in our computer system that EMI announced a double DVD by Morrissey called COFFRETS for an early november release. EMI item number is 5998639. Can you confirm this release and maybe tell me what it will be?
An anonymous person writes:

JACK ROSENTHAL SEASON on BBC 4
Saturday 24 July 10.40pm-11.55pm

A showing of the 1977 Play For Today about the Viv Nicholson rags to riches story.
Today's News | July 23 | July 21  >

[ home | terms of service ]