posted by davidt on Friday July 19 2002, @09:15AM
devilishdame writes:

Well I got it straight from Martin of the band Sack. The rumors that Sack will be touring with Morrissey are false. Although Moz himself did ask them to tour with him. But the expense was just too great for Sack.

Here is the E-mail Martin sent me:

Hey there J
Unfortunately we are not playing. It proved to be too expensive when we called to price flights at such short notice. Morrissey spent a couple of weeks here in Dublin last month and chose me as his guide to the capital which was great fun. When he returned to LA he called me and asked if it would be possible for Sack to join him on tour. Of course we said yes immediately but when the reality kicked in (i.e. 6 people flying to America and surviving for three weeks) we were pretty dissapointed to say the least as to play on the West Coast again is all we have being dreaming of for a long time. Anyhoo we'll get there at some stage. We may be in our 60's but hey I'm sure I'll still be able to belt out a tune or two! Nice to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Martin
x
posted by davidt on Friday July 19 2002, @09:15AM
Pat Reid writes:

To give you some idea of the type of thing we're after, here's a snap of me loitering outside Morrissey's former home in Manchester. Obviously it would be a good thing if the pictures you send us actually feature Morrissey, and it would help if they are of a slightly better quality. But we'll consider anything - even slightly weird or unusual images...

Many thanks,

Pat
[email protected]

Click to enlarge

---
Today's News | July 20 | July 18  >

[ home | terms of service ]