posted by davidt on Monday July 15 2002, @09:00AM
Time to do the yearly poll of favorite albums released in the last year (approximately). Post some of your favorites and recommendations in the comments section below. Feel free to abstain if you find there was nothing that interesting released in the last year. Past lists: 2001, 2000.
Pat Reid writes:

Hi there,

I'm writing to update you on the situation regarding my forthcoming book on Morrissey. Basically, the final version is very near to completion and, all being well, should be available in the next couple of months. Then I'll be embarking upon a blitz of readings in the UK (and will hopefully be doing some in the US as well).

I have a request. We're finding it hard to track down pictures of Morrissey that haven't been used before, and so we'd like to appeal to Morrissey fans to ransack their personal collections and email us their original Moz pictures for possible inclusion in the book. There was a brilliant Elvis collection a few years back that was entirely composed of fan snapshots of the King, and I suspect that this approach could work with Morrissey as well. If we use your picture then we'll send you a signed copy of the book, and I'll also send you something special from my own personal stash of Morrissey memorabilia.

You can reach me via [email protected] (please don't make any attached files too big, though, or you'll nuke my inbox).

All the best,

Pat Reid
Bath, England
mannywho writes:

The KROQ concert calendar lists the onsale date for the Jaguares-support show at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim as July 27th.
---
Dashboard Confessional 3rd on the bill
An anonymous person writes:

I spoke to Chris Carraba (Dashboard Confessional himself) at the public video shoot for his new video in L.A., and he is definitely, along with Morrissey, part of Jaguares' Concierto Revolucion 2002 California leg. So enjoy the King of EMO!
---
News from MorrisseyTour.com - "Tickets to the Saturday August 31, 2002 Morrissey show in Spokane, Washington go on sale on this Saturday July 20 from TicketsWest/Fasttix..."

Update: 07/16 03:47 GMT: Prisoner of Wombat sends:

Spokane on sale Wednesday
I don't know...$17.50???! a bargain! but that what the link says...

Met Theatre, Spokane, WA
Saturday August 31, 2002 at 8:00PM
$17.50??? Can this be? A steal! 1-800-992-TIXX

Tickets go on sale Wednesday July 17, 2002 at 10:00AM! (Pacific Time Zone) through fastixx.com

Mozfiend writes:

There is a Christian Band called The Elms that have started to get real big in the U.S. they have a great sound and are quite "britpop" sounding with very positive lyrics. I wrote a small note to them asking if there was other Christian britpop bands and this is the response I got back...

Jay,

Hey there...this is Thomas from The elms. I've yet to look on
down the list to see if anyone else has replied to your inquiry or
not, but if you're looking for other Christian bands with a Brit-pop
flare to them, you might look into...

Delirious (sound a bit like Travis, Coldplay, U2)

All Star United

Can't think of anymore at the moment...but those are a decent
start. By the way...all of us in the band are fans of Morrissey and
The Smiths. :-) Take care, God bless, and keep rockin'.

-- Thomas
fabioj writes:

The always interesting HBO Def Poetry Jam featured a poet on 7/13/02 who mentioned the Moz. Basically, Big Poppa E recited his Wussy Boy Manifesto, "... rejoicing in the music of The Cure and Morrissey..." and even including an essential Moz lyric. Simply awesome!
S. Michael Tolley writes:

Just a quick note to let compadre Morrissey fans know that my first novel has just hit the shelves and that the first half of the book (it's a novel in two parts) bears the name of its inspiration: Morrissey's "I Don't Mind If You Forget Me"! The second half draws its name from Midnight Oil ("Beds Are Burning") and the title of the book is from John Lennon ("Mother"). The book is available from Amazon (where it's $6 cheaper!), Barnes & Noble, or a quality book shop near you. Good night and thank you!
Today's News | July 16 | July 14  >

[ home | terms of service ]