posted by davidt on Wednesday May 22 2002, @12:00AM
Brutalful writes:

...Out magazine's back page contains a horoscope section with a big caricature of Moz. Here was his horoscope.

GEMINI: "I refuse to recognise the terms Hetero-, Bi-, and Homosexual. Everybody has exactly the same sexual needs. People are just sexual, the prefix is immaterial." states Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Like most Gemini's, music icon Morrissey (May 22, 1959) possesses an energetic dual nature and an agile mind. With his Mars and Venus in Cancer, he's sensitive and emotional, especially since he was born during a full moon. Mercury in Taurus makes him practical until Uranus fuels his edgy stage persona he uses so well. Since his Venus opposes Saturn, he can't always control his world, so he seeks out things he can - like flowers and his feminine side. His contradictory nature manifests itself in unusual viewpoints; his music is an oxymoron of lyrical morbidity. Because of his Cancer planets, he actually enjoys his huge cult following. Like the doomed romantics of his music, Morrissey wants to be needed.
Patrick writes:

Boz Boorer played a free gig on Sunday 19th. May to celebrate his 40th. birthday. At The Golden Lion pub in Camden, London,he played a great set which included three Moz tunes. "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself", "Jack The Ripper", and "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get". Marvelloso.
Blair was first with the rumor:

I have no idea how reliable this is (probably not at all) but I read this at Popbitch:

charlieherocamden: "I'm reliably informed that Morrissey's 1st single for 5 years will be called "Mario's Dance" and hails not only a return to form but also a return to the sound of his Viva Hate album. How do I know? My cousin is playing drums on it...."

It's here; http://www.popbitch.com/board/1/0/6/1/7/5/1/
Robert Rice writes:

EdgeTV Canada played an edited version of the Introducing Morrissey film. The begining credits were not to music as in the Video release of this film. Also there was no Jerusalem intro showing streets outside the venue. The songs included on this televised version were all the same songs as the video released version except they omited "Have-A-Go Merchant" and "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself"

Also played the video montage to the song "Will Never Marry" and when the music to will never marry faded out they played some fifties music "You could be swinging on a star" instead of the bit of morrissey music (can't recall the song) that was on the video released version. Program was approx an hour.
rallen writes:

The Smiths were on Top of the Pops Two today, with Sandie Shaw, performing "Hand In Glove" from 1984. The presenter Steve Wright (that fearsome oik, who always hated the Smiths, and consequently was the dj that the song "Panic" was aimed at) said in tribute to his birthday this week they were showing this and tomorrow (Wednesday) Top of the Pops will show a Morrissey performance, which is nice. It's strange that Steve Wright hated the Smiths in the days when he was a radio 1 dj but now he's cosying up to them. They get referred to quite a lot on Top of the Pops.
Angus from Club Beer writes:

Smiths at last gets the sort of tribute that only real stars can ever expect to enjoy.

That's right - it's Club Beer Presents "Happy Birthday Morrissey!": An Alcohol-Fuelled Tribute To The King Of Bedsit Angst.

The day: Thursday, later on this week.
The date: In case that's not clear, we mean May 23 2002.
The place: The Buffalo Bars, Islington.

The transportation options: best bet is to get the tube to Highbury & Islington, and head for the second door on your right as you leave the station. Unless you live nearby, in which case, walk there. Do I have to do everything for you? Jeepers.

The time: from 9pm until 2am
The price: A princely THREE of your English pounds.

Basically, it'll be a normal Club Beer, featuring our almost famous blend of Music That Only Sounds Good When You're Drunk, with three Morrissey or Smiths records involved at some point in the evening. There's a FREE MORRISSEY RAFFLE involved...

Details at http://www.clubbeer.co.uk
Today's News | May 23 | May 21  >

[ home | terms of service ]