posted by davidt on Wednesday March 13 2002, @10:00AM
GurgleJerk writes:

In the April issue of Uncut, a small sidebar on Linder Sterling ("I Thought You Were Dead") features a couple of bits about Morrissey.

According to her quotes, Linder will be re-exhibiting her Buzzcocks artwork and releasing a related book with five essays. One of the essays will be written by Morrissey.

Also, she mentions that Morrissey's original title for the book "Morrissey Shot" was "Linder Shoots Morrissey," but the title was rejected by the publishers.

And there's some other stuff about transforming herself into Clint Eastwood with prosthetics and filling a classroom full of salt. For that, go buy the magazine. It has a free CD with "Late Night, Maudlin Street" on it as well.

---
Larry writes:

Boz Boorer has responded to questions submitted from fans. The caliber of questions varied from fan to fan so if there is something you wanted to know, you should have asked. Here is the link to Boz's site:

http://www.bozboorer.co.uk/

Boz plays in about a week in Los Angeles, on Mar. 22 and 23 - info/ticket details/flyers available here.
John writes:

On Mark Nevin's website, he shares his recollections of working with Morrissey (and Kirsty MacColl, too). I tried to paste a bit of it here, but it didn't work. Anyway, it's a good read. Here's a link:

http://www.marknevin.com/collaborations.html
An anonymous person writes:

They removed that movie that Morrissey was supposed to be in on imdb.com. It prolly got yanked.
---
Greg Vondruska writes:

I was at a bar waiting for a show and a Smiths song came on ("There Is A Light..."). I told my friend about this story I read about the Smiths. Then I thought it would make a good comic strip. So here is my little Smiths comic (it's only 6 panels).
MOZ IS GOD writes:

I had the PLEASURE of seeing Elbow live in Cambridge, MA Saturday night on a stop of their North American sold out tour. It was certainly worth the fight to get tickets as I watched the entire show with my mouth open in awe. I felt like I was at the first smiths show they were that good. Now for fans of Elbow reading this I know you have looked at Guy Garvey (vocals) and Mark Potter (guitars) and thought to yourself "Morrissey and Marr". Mark even has the Johnny Marr hairstyle. Well after their blistering show I had the pleasure of meeting Mark and he was very friendly. I thanked him for the performance and chatted a bit and one of my friends asked him about the rest of the bands whereabouts. He replied that they were on the tour bus but to have a knock and they'll come out (right!). So outside we went taking his comment seriously and approached their tour bus (which was really nice by the way). My friend Alison had the gall to walk up and rap on the door and lo and behold Richard Jupp (the drummer) walks out. He was friendly as can be and I can't even begin to explain what a good drummer he is. He is a machine! Anyway I asked him (of course) if he listened to Morrissey or the Smiths or if anyone in the band did. He replied "I think Guy does actually." Well, it was then that my friend tugged me and I turned around to Guy Garvey (vocals) and Craig Potter (Keys/Synth). When I asked Guy directly his eyebrow crooked up, a smile appeared and there was a definite acknowledgement. He said he does listen to Morrissey! He also seemed to be amused by the question :)

Thanks to Elbow for one of the best shows of my life (300-400 concerts) and for being so great to their fans!

http://elbow.co.uk
Steve writes:

First heard of this Swedish band, Starlet, at www.parasol.com. It was their album title that caught my eye - "From the one you left behind", a phrase from the Smiths song "Unhappy birthday".

This album is their first, and now they´ve done it again! On the new album "When sun falls on my feet" (also on Parasol), the title song contains the phrase "have you ever read The serpent / have you ever sung along / to the lines of Hand in glove / as if they were your own?", and yeah, we all know that "Hand in Glove" is the Smiths first single. Cool.

Yeah, that´s pretty much it! Smiths and Moz rules.
LoafingOaf writes:

Lifetime Guarantee: Phranc's Advetures In Plastic is a new
documentary on the singer who once toured with Morrissey
and now sells tupperware. It will open the Cleveland International
Film Festival on March 14 at Tower City Cinemas on the Avenue at Tower City Center in downtown Cleveland. Sorry for the short notice,
but this will be a very fun event for those within driving range and able to score tickets/scam their way in. Phranc will be in attendance, and there will be desserts and a tupperware party after for those who pay extra. Phranc will also perform at the Beachland Ballroom, 15711 Waterloo Rd., Cleveland OH 44110 on the same day.

It can be assumed that Morrissey will be mentioned in this film,
but to what extent I do not know.

Here is the press release:
http://www.clevelandfilm.org/press.asp?news_articl e=13

Here is the listing in the program guide:
http://www.clevelandfilm.org/26ciff/

---
Today's News | March 14 | March 12  >

[ home | terms of service ]