Lynn Barber on inteviewing Morrissey

Aw, poor Lynn. Hopefully she'll have another chance.

"Let The Right One Slip Off" - A Burlesque Tribute to Morrissey & The Smiths (LA, May 16, 2014)

Re: "Let The Right One Slip Off" - A Burlesque Tribute to Morrissey & The Smiths (LA, May 14, 2014)

I'd go to this. :o

Morrissey candle on Etsy featured in Huffington Post article

Link from Abrahán:

These Candles Let You Worship At The Altar Of Pop Culture Royalty - The Huffington Post

Excerpt:

Obsessed with Morrissey? There's a Chicago artist you really need to know.

Meet Amanda Stilwell. Since 2010, the 34-year-old has developed a growing following of pop culture aficionados for her unique digital collages and associated products -- including stickers, candles, prints and even Tarot cards -- that she sells via her LastCraft Etsy shop.

o-MOZ-570.jpg

Anthony Bourdain namechecks Morrissey in Season 3 premiere of "Parts Unknown"

I love Anthony Bourdain, where as Morrissey makes me feel bad about my need to eat animals occasionally* :o
"T-dog" does just the opposite :thumb:

*=do I still eat animals? yes, however, here in China it is much easier to eat meals that have either little or no meat in them
its one of the best things about Asia in general :guitar:

Canada: right of reply - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140423_01
23 April 2014

Canada: right of reply

There was something more than slightly desperate in Gail Shea referring to my recent comments on the annual Canadian seal slaughter as "ignorant", as reported in Canada's National Post.
Speaking on behalf of Gail Shea, Sophie Doucet - showing symptoms of the same Shea disorder - stated: "I would urge Mr. Morrissey to consider the impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities". I should remind Sophie Doucet that building and maintaining the Concentration Camps of Auschwitz also provided livelihoods, but this hardly made the Camps warranted. Let it also be added that the vast financial benefits of the seal slaughter are not directly intended for those hard-working men and women in rural communities, who, in fact, are merely used by the Fisheries Minister to...

Gail Shea spokesperson responds to Morrissey's statement about Canadian seal hunt

A spokesperson for Gail Shea has responded to Morrissey's comments :

Morrissey attacks Fisheries Minister Gail Shea in blog post claiming ‘Canada’s sorry image is due entirely to its seal slaughter’ - National Post

Excerpt:

A spokesperson for Shea has responded to Morrissey’s statement, saying his comments “reveal a total ignorance of the Canadian seal hunt.”

Anyone who takes a careful look at the seal hunt will see that it is humane, sustainable, and well-regulated,” minister spokesperson Sophie Doucet said in an email to the Post. “In fact, the process used in the seal hunt was designed by international veterinary experts, and is the most stringent of any wild animal hunt in the world.

This is clearly just...

"This sorrowful Canada" - Morrissey statement on true-to-you.net

I really wish he'd stop with the eyeroll-inducing "PLACE YOURSELF AMONG THEM" emotional appeals. He's capable of putting forward a strong argument without them, so I'm not sure why he feels the need.

The Smiths on Conan

Haha! No, didn't see that. Thanks for sharing!

Recent Posts

The Drivel Thread
Dreamt I was driving a car full of people, and had to learn where everything...
Morrissey Related Films
https://letterboxd.com/9413/list/morrissey/
Doodles of Morrissey by me + self introduction
I tried to surprise you With vodka, or Tizer, I can't quite remember… But...

Members online

Quick Links

Back
Top Bottom